• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's hospital bag

I'm alive! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you all for your encouragement :)

I started a diary in the banders section of the forum, will continue reporting from Dolan Park on that thread :) x

Thank you lovely... Today im full of gas and have zero appetite but still happy :) one day at a time, one fart at a time hahaha x

Good luck with your pre-op tests and hang in there, not long to go now :)) xxx

Thanks hon, went well. Couldn't believe how much blood they took though, about 6 tubes! ECG, MRSA swabs - this is my 5th operation and never had this before. Found out I'd lost 6.2kg and I'm only 155 cm tall - no clue what those measurements mean though, I'm still in stones, feet and inches. :)

Blimey! Well, better safe than sorry I suppose!

Well done love, you lost a stone! Yay yay yay for you :) :) :) xxx

How you feeling now tobi? I've started packing my bag I've been going threw your list and have some questions on opp day I have pjs but the top is a vest top would this be ok or do I need a baggy one? And what's arnica cream? Do you wear a bra in surgery? I've brought windeaz but there the tablet ones I think not the chewy ones are these no good? Hope your getting on ok xxx

How you feeling now tobi? I've started packing my bag I've been going threw your list and have some questions on opp day I have pjs but the top is a vest top would this be ok or do I need a baggy one? And what's arnica cream? Do you wear a bra in surgery? I've brought windeaz but there the tablet ones I think not the chewy ones are these no good? Hope your getting on ok xxx

Hi hon, good luck with your packing, I really enjoyed putting my stuff together :)

I would recommend a thin, soft, baggy tshirt. This is what I took with me to the hospital but I did try a vest top at home yesterday, didn't like it. Glue starts cracking and flaking/peeling after a while and it started to catch it so I'd rather stick to baggy tops for a while.

Arnica is a herb or flower or something, used to heal bruises. It comes as a cream or tablet, I got these:
Boots Arnica Bruise Relief - 30mg - Boots and Boots Arnica 30c - 84 Pillules - Boots

You don't wear a bra during surgery but can do afterwards if you like. I wore one on the next day, didn't afterwards. Freedom to boobs! :p

I don't know the other Windeze ones, I got the chewable ones but in the end I find Deflatine to work best and quickest.

Hope it helps and wishing you best of luck with everything, please do keep us posted! xxx

Thanks chick that all helps loads how are your war wounds now and how you feeling inside? I'm so worried about recovery with the kids and work Xx

Back