• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TOILET QUESTION...sorry!!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi all...

need a bit of advice,but feel very embarrased to ask this but.....
what the normal for people going to the toilet regarding their bowels? after the operation..
before my operation(2 weeks today)I was a regular girl..lol every morning.
But now...I dont seem to go!
I did have a little trouble friday/sat but took some sugar free lax they are a digusting orange sachet you mix in water.
Well they helped me go toilet saturday,after being in soo much pain.
And now Ive not been again.
Should you get worried if you dont go loo every day or so..sorry to ask but I wanted to know
xxx

Dont take stuff without asking first is my advice and Im having the same issues, Ive been told lactulose and glycerine suppositories to try first, now im at the stage where I need to try fybrogel and sennakot and might need an enema tomorrow.
Please call your hospital for advice as it will vary what they say you should take.

You should be going between every day to every 3 days.

Drink lots of water

I had the runs for 2-3 days post-op due to the barium swallow but then it was around 11 days before I managed another poop and it was teeeeeeeeeny. I did eventually start to be more regular but regular for me now, and Im eleven months out, is once or twice a week, more if I eat lots of oranges but my average is once or twice a week. I dont feel bloated due to going so infrequently and when I do go its lots (solid...just lots).
As long as youre not in pain youre ok.
Steph xx

hi zns,

yes the laxido I took was from the doctors,I rang them thursday when I noticed a problem.
They are foul,but they helped me go loo.
But now Ive not been again,Im wondering if this is a problem with newly bypass patients.

Mine's about every 3-4 days. x

Reactions: Bev
hi zns,

yes the laxido I took was from the doctors,I rang them thursday when I noticed a problem.
They are foul,but they helped me go loo.
But now Ive not been again,Im wondering if this is a problem with newly bypass patients.

Ah fab just wanted to make sure!

It is very common post any op as the digestive system slows down. Also we arent eating much so there isnt much going down there. But more than 3 days in a row can be an issue especially if you are in pain.

OMG I dont think I would cope, I am the absolute opposite, I will go about 4/5 times every morning. Usually after a hot cup of tea and it isnt hard - if you get what I mean.

I do sometimes worry but I have alway been a loose woman.:rolleyes:

Ah fab just wanted to make sure!

It is very common post any op as the digestive system slows down. Also we arent eating much so there isnt much going down there. But more than 3 days in a row can be an issue especially if you are in pain.

thanks,

I really hope you get your problem sorted,I really feel for you,on friday I was in tears I couldnt walk and the pain was like being in labour with my kids!
Its ok now..but just hope it doesnt flare up again,not sure whether just to take another sachet to get things moving along.
But as you say we are hardly eating anything..well SOUP!!..(sick of the stuff)..lol

Reactions: Bev
I had lots of poo issues post op and had movicol ( bleugh) and glycerin and now I go every 2 days x

ive actually found that by having a pro biotic drink every morning, i go most days, with no problem, there isnt loads but i do go. i couldnt believe it, i think it works for some ppl and may not for others, but theyre good for you anyway.

Yes, I'm with Dawny. Try some Actimel 0% fat yoghurt drinks, plenty of fluids too....and pureed fruit if you're allowed that. Also Benfibre added to drinks, soups, etc.
I try to stay away from laxatives unless absolutely necessary.

But I don't go anywhere near as much as pre-op. It's hardly surprising though, considering how little I'm eating now.

im pre op like but im realli struggleing to go too - my doc gave me some of them laxidos and they are disgusting rnt they, they dont taste like orange one bit! i always mix mine with a little dilute pop to make it taste a little better - im on 3 of them a day me to help me go and im still not that regular!

i thought it was you charis that mentioned the actimel wasnt it, i thought it was, i coudnt believe the difference when i tried them, thank you huni, i have passed it on a few times now, lol. they really do work, well at least for me they do, and im on lots of meds that can make you constipated. once again, thanks charis hun, big hugs xxx

I have always been loose, a bit like ladylite I think, going 4-5 times every morning and immediately after eating. I was very loose, and it was quite revolting, immediately post op but now 5 days on, I am very sluggish and its already painful. I love fresh OJ so will make sure I have a glass of that every day as well as plenty of water, but I guess its logical that we won't produce as much..!

Must be a post op thing, i def not like i used to be prior to my op lol

Back