• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Too much time to think about it :(

Hi Hayley

When you go for your appointment Wendy the bariatric nurse will talk you through all of the options and will advise but not push you into making the right decision for you.

If you have allready filled out your form which asks you to detail your eating habbits this will help Wendy. Please be 100% honest about your eating habbits, then the best option for you can decided.

I went for the band because like Yvonne I was a volume eater - lots of rice and pasta which I can no longer eat.

Good luck, just remember be honest and Im sure you will arrive at the right decision.

Maz x

Hi Hayley
I'm going privately and originally went with the band in mind prob due to my fear of the enormity of what the bypass meant to me. However on talking to Mr Ammori it became quite clear that my love of chocolate and all things sweet and my lack of willpower would most likely result in a failure if i chose the band. I'm funding this with my late dad's money he left me and i know he would support me if he was still here so i want to succeed in his memory and hope wherever he is he "sees" the me i have always wanted to be! So bypass here i come on 7th Aug. Good luck with your decision Hayley. Big hugs xx

i've gone for the bypass, i eat huge amounts, mainly savoury stuff, crisps, pies, pasties etc, you get the gist....i like chocolate, and at times can sit there and stuff buckets, but in doing the research i looked at what would give me more control over what i ate, and also the fact that with the ''bypass'' bit of the op, my body physically couldn't take all the calories in, but as the guys have also said, be guided by your surgeon and his team, after all, they know what they're talking about!!

Hi Hayley,

You've had some really good advice I can only agree and say speak to your surgeon and see what they reccomend and then it's up to you.

I initially said no to the bypass and insisted on only considering the band, then I met the lovely Mr. Ammori and he and so many bypass and band people I've spoken to have made me realise that the bypass is by far the better option for me. I'm still having wibbles though... This morning I woke up convinced that I wont surveive the op and I should just try again to lose this myself and then I came back round to the band idea to help me have some control and by 2.30pm I'm back waiting for my bypass to get sorted. It is a bit of a rollercoaster so dont worry if you're not sure to start with.

xxx

hiya Hayley

I want the bypass, purely as its the last resort for me and I dont want to be left with any opportunity for me to try and cheat. Ive minimal will power so the band is out of the question tbh as I will find a way of getting in what I want and I know it.
I think with my BMI too that they will offer the bypass, ill find out on thurs lol.
i will be listening to what the surgeon says though and you never know he might offer the band. Tbh i dont much fancy the idea of the port either but thats not the main factor.

Good luck in your choice :D

Hey everyone, I'm so happy that you all spent the time to give me your reasons. Thank you :)

I had a long tearful chat with my hubby last night, and, as long as the consultation goes the way I hope it does, I'm am going to request to have the bypass. :)

My eating habits point me in the direction of a bypass. I think that, like a few people have said, the enormity of a gastric bypass made me ignore that option, but I realise now, I'm more scared of not being able to have children and more severe health problems that will happen in the future. So to have bypass surgery is very small in comparison to what I could face if I don't have surgery at all.

Roll on Thursday :)

Walking proof here that pregnancy is grand after a bypass, and that it increases your fertility! Everything crossed for your consultation x

Back