• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Unbelievable!!!! and dentist.

Tyraboots

Well.
I almost cannot believe this. My sister in law has had a couple of very rough weeks. And, as always, there I am like the rock of Gibraltar propping her up. So I am using her rough weeks as an excuse for her behaviour towards me, which has been snidey and beligerant. Yesterday she accused me of being the reason why her three boys have rotten teeth, their teeth came through without enamel on them. She says and I am quoting this, 'You and Nadia are the reason my boys have bad teeth.' This woman fed her kids sugary drinks non stop from when they could actually drink from a bottle, my daughter had nothing but water until she was three! SHE SAYS IT WAS BECAUSE THEY HAD SWEETS AT MY HOUSE! They were eating sweets at her house non stop! I am furious but I said nothing. So today I phoned her to tell her I was angry and she was talking nonsense and, wait for it.... this is a real corker...........
She accuses me of winning the lottery and not telling anyone about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears. I am typing this wearing clothing from a charity shop, I have about £15 in savings, I have bought all but one of my new clothes from charity places. Even shoes. She really believes I have got millions squirreled away. I am so pissed off. I won £600 on the irish lotto in the new year and promptly gave her £300 of it. I am generous to a fault. If I had won the lotto here would be the signs that I had.

1. Very heavy black tyre skid marks complete with burning rubber smell outside my house, in my speed to leave Luton.
2. A huge skip arrives in Harley street as I hit the plastic surgeons to have large lumps of me cut away, lifted and repositioned.
3. You will hear a scream, perhaps some glass in your homes will shatter like a sonic boom when my numbers come up.
:copon::copon::copon::copon::copon::copon::copon::copon::copon::copon:

She said, and again I quote, 'You walk around like a rich woman, everyone has noticed it Tracy!'

Could this be, because I no longer wear the sackcloth and ashes black dress that I have lived in for the past 12 years????

I've booked an appointment for the dentist on Tuesday. First time in 20 years. I'm scared of the dentist, and I know I need lots of extractions, but I figure, if I can face the op, I can face anything. And it will be NHS, well this time anyway, unless of course I'm lucky tonight?

Rant over.....

OOOOOOOOOOO hun i have probs with my sister too please dont let her get you down, its not worth it !!!!!!!!!

p.s. you missed something of your list of what you would do with your winning s..........lol............the party for all the members of this site .
from another Tracey x

Funnily enough I havnt spoken to my sister for about 10 yrs! ................You can pick your friends as they say! Keep your chin up and *ollox to her and her ilk :D x

your sister sounds bonkers!

just try and ignore her, i know thats easier said than done!
.x.

Family! You can't beat it :)

I think you're probably right when you say her behaviour is probably down to her rough weeks. (Doesn't make it any easier on you, though!)

Keep your chin up and acknowledge that you are looking so good these days that you do look like something has happened to you for the better. Is she jealous?

Rough couple of weeks or not, it sounds like your sister-in-law needs to be sectioned...don't apologise for one second for needing somewhere to vent your spleen, because it sounds like you are far too nice a person to actually tell the totally demented bint exactly how barking she is.

I am sure much really boils down to plain old jealousy...looking at your stats you are doing an absolute marvellous job on the weight loss & I bet you are looking pretty good right now.

Now, I could advise you to pop across to her place, tell her to her face that she is behaving like a crazy obnoxious b*itch & quite frankly you'd really rather she doesn't ever contact you again (unless she's undergone a personality transplant), give her a sound punch in the face & walk away...it will be like a massive burden has lifted knowing that you almost definitely have created an irreparable family rift meaning you are now free from her forever!!!!!....NO? I'm guessing it's not really an option for you...so, plan B would be to very gently & unobstrusively distance yourself from her, make yourself terribly busy so you just aren't available to be her 'rock' (and imho, clearly sounds like she doesn't really doesn't deserve anyway). Once she's removed her head from her own a*se, she may come to her senses & realise actually how much support she gets from you, and start behaving a bit more civilly towards you xxxxx

Hi Tyraboots,
mmmmmmm family eih, am having hard time too with my family, my story far too long to be typed and it will depressive, you are a nice person, and you love your sister a lot and her childern, for the now just keep away for little while, let her come to you, keep away from the pain and negative attitude you do not need it at the moment look after your self. god bless, if you can take someone with you to hold thier hand while at the dentist, if you cant then think of something you really want and the time will pass very quick, good luck.

Last edited:
Nothing to add about your sister - I was told my daughter had poor enamel due to her traumatic birth - but we do try to limit her sweet stuff!! And she does brush em.

But GOOD LUCK at the dentist from a dentalphobic who passed out when one daughter had a tidgy filling!!

Was never allowed to wear green again!!

At least it'll probably just be an assessment at first.

Just be proud of what YOU have achieved

Angela xx

Is your sister under the care of a psychiatrist? Sounds to me like she's got a huge case of paranoia and delusions with regards to her thinking you've got millions squirreled away. It could also explain her blaming you for her childrens teeth.

Tracey I wish you luck with the dentist. In laws eh??? What can you do but laugh and remember how much better you are than that. Its probably guilt about the kids knowing full well she contributed to the bad health of their teeth and just needs some one else to blame. Her knowing how much support you have given her could also be the reason you are getting the blame. She knows you are such a good person and would not be expecting a response from you. Hope she gets the shock she needs and a great big kick up the jacksie.

She does sound like shes having a tough time and looking for people to shell the blame out to. I wouldnt take it to heart she probably needs to get some help and isnt all that aware of how OTT her behaviour is. Pinch of salt and all that.
I hate the dentist too and didnt go for years. I had to go in the end as I was in agony. I explained my feelings and why I hadnt gone and stuff and that I knew my teeth were bad etc and they were really lovely.

I, like everyone else believe your sister is jealous of your fabulous weight loss! I'm thinking she may not be liking the attention that you get now that you may never have gotten before when you go out with her...

As far as the lottery win goes, she's definitely off her trolley!

I'm not sure where your brother is in all of this but is it worth having a chat with him about what happened? See if he has any light to shed on it or if he can talk to her?

Keep your chin up and hopefully it will resolve itself. Good luck with the dentist xx

you must feel as if you have won the lotto, first prize aswell with your weight loss.
so two fingers up to her.
good luck with dentist.

Hi

Families who would have em.

Our son has no enamal on his tooth and the dentist said it was something to do with when they were growing inside the gum. He also said that one of his kids had the same thing. So dont worry nothing to do with you.

As for hating the dentist try a hypnosis it helped me loads. My dentist now does it now when he does accupuntcure on me and he did it when he took a tooth out too. So much better to cope with

Good luck at the dentist and she is properly jealous of you coz you are getting a new life.

Jo
xx

Back