• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Unexpected change of plans//OP CANCELLED

Hollyhunny

5 years of waiting
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your words of support and encouragement.

CONGRATS to Bev and Slimbydecember

Here's the story.
I had my clinics with Dr morgan. When I went in Tuesday am I met Sally Norton, for the first time. She said I should had been in her clinic all along becuuuuuuuuzzzzzzz Dr Morgan doesn't EVEN do the Gastric Bypass.

She also said I needed an apronectomy first. My surgery cannot be safely done without one. So I hopefully have been referred to Plastics as she said and now am waiting to hear from them.

It is a setback but I remain positive, because this is what I had been telling the consultant all along, and I do want the safest journey possible for me and my children and my Husband ,of course!

Last edited:
Wishing you the best of luck on your surgery and your journey xxx

I agree with you, the safest way even if it takes a little longer is deffinately the best way :D Good luck and at least you are now on the right road ;) XX

Oh dear sorry for your set back. However Miss Norton is fantastic -so if she says you need an apronectomy pre bypass hopefully this will happen soon. Fingers crossed you dont have to wait too long.
xxxxxxxxxxx

An apronectomy before wls never heard of that one before, am sure your team know what they are doing. Wishing you all the best xxx

How amazing are you to still be so positive, you have the right kind of attitude for this op. At least this way it will be safer, and remember all good things come to those who wait, your Bypass will be here before you know it :-D xxx

Does seem strange to do the apron first,usually wait till the weight is off.Still your doc will know why she is doing it this way so be guided by her.Best of luck.Maz x

Good luck precious and keep strong... it must have been suggested for the best reasons, although uncommon I have seen it done this way first with the apronectomy in the beginning then the wls surgery. I'm glad they are treating you as an individual, that's positive I feel, since some medics may have just gone for wls and it may not have been the best for you.

Always at your side and here for you, sending love as always xxx

I'm sure they know what they are doing but surely an apronectomy pre-WLS will mean you will have to have 2 plastic surgery ops - which will be more stress for your family.

Hope you get your apron done quickly and then don't have too long a wait for the WLS

Good luck

xxx

Back