• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

upset

lousarah

So today I had my first follow up from my surgery 23/3 and the nurse was lovely. Everything was going well shewas pleased with my loss and put in a fill of 2ml.

Then i saw the dietitian. He showed me a model stomach and a band and explained how it worked. Then he started with you cant do this and you cant do that and started listing all the ways I could fail or mess up. I said I havent done any of that and doesn't the 10.5kg loss since op show im doing something right? He was like no and I dont want you to come back in six months time having messed up saying what a ****** I was for just saying well done well done.

The whole app felt like a bollocking from start to end. He said he doesn't agree with eating six times a day only three, that I should eat if im not hungry but it is meal time and encouraged me to eat bread ie a sandwich for lunch but that I should eat half at 12 and half at 2 (but only eat three times a day um hasnt he just blown that?)

I wanted to find out about portion sizes ie a good weight for a meal like 100g or his opinion on my little lunch pots and I just left and cried in my car.

I do have pics of my fill (needle in belly) if people want to see and im allowed to post.

Opinions please have I been doing it all wrong or is he a huge douche bag. If you are reading this Scott at st geoeges yes you upset me. ******.

Xxx

Oh no!!!! :-(

I felt really upset for you reading this post. I too am due for my first apt after band in few weeks and I spoke to at Richards today to book it in- they explained what would happen and I'm really surprised how harsh st George's have been on you! :-(

I imagine the dietician must have been having a bad day or had someone in to see him before you that HAD abused the band and put him in a bad mood!

If you are able to put pics on here then I for one would be really interested!

Please don't get downhearted from 1 mans bad mood or let him pull you into his storm - carry on sailing the sunny route that you must be on to have achieved so much already!
Much love
Bex x

Sounds like his bedside manner could do with some honing! Well done on your losses to date. Take on board his info and advice, combine it with that from other "experts", totally ignore his diddly and then decide how you are going to do it.

Above all don't let the bu**er get you down. x

Scott is nothing but lovely so maybe he was having a bad day?

well he obviously isn't nothing but lovely if his is how he has made someone feel!

Lou, I would get in touch with them, ask to speak to another dietician as you felt you weren't able to get answers to the questions that you had and take it from there.

You could try speaking to Toni? She's fab. It's hard work getting to see the dietician at st George's. I've seen one once done July but I know banders need more follow up x

Sorry to hear you were made to feel like that! Have you got a post op diet sheet? if you have just stick to that, you are doing really well with your loss so you must be doing something right. Try not to let it get you down xx

Maybe he just had to make sure I knew the ways I could fail it just felt like a scolding before id been naughty. How many times a day do you guys eat?

Ive made a new thread bout my fill and with pic because that experience was great and should be thought about as seperate imho. Xxx thanks for your replies guys

I eat 3 times a day, I'm a sleever. How often are you eating?

I was eating six, b l d and two snacks eg

weetabix for brekkie, egg hard boiled with a little salad cream or sardines or tuna or potato salad or chicken (two of the above) for mid morning snack and lunch (i use small plastic tubs for portion control one fits half a can of tuna or one egg mayo in for eg). A piece of fruit or fruit bowl fruit flakes mid afternoon, dinner and then chocolate horlicks before bed. 1300 cals ish and ok on other stats according to myfitness pal (which scott also rubbished as not allowing enough cals). X

Your overall calories seem fine. Do you actually need the snacks? I have no idea what you feel as a bander.

I eat five times a day on recommendation from the dietician. So three meals and then a light protein snack in between. Sounds like you're doing great, great weightloss and your calorie intake sounds fine. I'd carry on what you're doing as it seems to be working xx

i eat as and when but work to a calorie limit of 1100-1200 cals as that is where my best weight loss comes in. I however can not eat ny food other than yoghurt before about 2-3pm so I've usually had about 250 cals during the day and th rest after. I do however work to trick protein and carbs. Some providers suggest small and often, some say stick to 3 meals a day, a lot will depend on your own personal levels of restriction. If you feel you're going over, move to drier and crunchier foods, the work with the band to keep you fuller longer

I eat regularly cos that's what suits me.... I am up from 4.30/5am till 10pm and I couldn't manage on just three small meals a day to be honest. To give you an idea below of how my 1600 calories-1700 calories is broken down generally (and I am now a maintainer) ... But when I was losing best on c 1200 calories a day I had about 100 calories less per meal and maybe slightly smaller snacks.

Breakfast 250-300 calories
Snack 100 calories
Lunch 300-400 calories
Snack 100 calories
Dinner 400-600 calories
Drink 100 calories

Don't let one person get you down :) x

my best restriction was always in the morning so i always ate less then, it maybe that because your eating 6 times a day he was trying to make sure you settled to 3 times a day that said he may just be an ass! i always ate 3 meals and a snack in the evening usually of a piece of fruit , you may find as your restriction grows some of what your eating wont be appropriate anymore which he may in a bad way be trying to tell you about, as in eggs i cant tolerate fish at all and fiberous fruits and very hard fruits also were a problem. we are all different you will find your way and whats right for you xx

Oh know...Im seeing Scott at the end of the month for my first dietician appointment.. I speak to him on the phone lots and he is always really nice, maybe he was having a bad day!!

*Hugs*

x

No see he has always seemed up himself on the phone too. Maybe its just me. X

It might just be the case

However this is your main source of professional dietary advice so you need to be confident and comfortable with the relationship so I'd have it out with the guy and tell him how he's made you feel and ask how you two can work together going forward

Back