• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very strange week

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
Had a bad week overall with one of my twins in hospital with her illness most of the week. Impressed to find out they approved her DLA application and gave her the highest rate in both categories. Double edged sword though to realise how sick she really is. I normally eat my way through her hospital stays as I eat for comfort during stress but I managed to be such a good girl!

Even better news is that she was released yesterday morning and whilst she has to go back in next week, we have some cuddle time at home with her twin and older sister. Plus, that lovely size 14 skirt I bought a few weeks ago is now way too big and I had to exchange it today for a size 12.

Probably doesn't make too much sense but I am just trying to process everything. Because I cannot deal with stress like I normally do, I am having to learn new coping strategies.

I think you have done wonderfully to cope throughout a difficult time like that! I'm so pleased that the DLA has come through for your daughter as that hopefully will be a good help. Both my sons are autistic and one has the middle rate general and lower mobility and my eldest just the lower rate general and it has helped a lot.
I know what you mean about eating through these kinds of times to get through and it's a huge achievement that you have avoided this all too easy coping strategy in favour of a healthier way to deal with things...maybe a new bit of slim wardrobe is the way to go when things get tough. Congrats on the 12 (WOW!!) and all the best from me xxx Hugs xxx

Hi FL,

sorry to hear that one of your children is poorly. That must be difficult to cope with. Hopefully the award of DLA will help to take some of the pressure off.

Well done on not turning to food in times of stress though, and double well done on the size 12.

Well done on coping through your stressful time, but by the sounds of it there is more to come.
Big hugs.
I've got to reapply for sons DLA next year he has got worse not better so here's hoping that it will stay the same rate as it goes towards the cost of replacing damaged stuff he has broke etc
Wishing you lots of luck in the coming weeks

xx

Thanks everyone. It is nice when people can understand about the DLA as well. I just had another crying jag over everything and wanted to eat something to calm down but I put on my running shoes and went for a long, fast walk. Let's hope she has some improvement this week but she was very proud to tell me this week that I was no longer fat and had a much smaller tummy. Out of the mouths of babes.

I hope so much your daughter is feeling better from this week, what a sweetheart she sounds! And that walk was such a good idea...it does sometimes feel impossible to deal with when it's our kids difficulties and we want so much to fix everything...when we can't immediately it hurts so much I know xxx Sending you lots of love and good wishes to your family for a much much easier week...I still can't believe 12's already! That is sensational ! Well done you x

Had a bad week overall with one of my twins in hospital with her illness most of the week. Impressed to find out they approved her DLA application and gave her the highest rate in both categories. Double edged sword though to realise how sick she really is. I normally eat my way through her hospital stays as I eat for comfort during stress but I managed to be such a good girl!

Even better news is that she was released yesterday morning and whilst she has to go back in next week, we have some cuddle time at home with her twin and older sister. Plus, that lovely size 14 skirt I bought a few weeks ago is now way too big and I had to exchange it today for a size 12.

Probably doesn't make too much sense but I am just trying to process everything. Because I cannot deal with stress like I normally do, I am having to learn new coping strategies.

Well done on restraining yourself and sorry to hear your child is unwell . Rob

I dont know about DLA but have a friend with an autistic son. My hat goes off to you, I sometimes think I stress over nothing.

Good luck and hope everything turns out ok.:)

Back