• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting Lists - Sunderland Royal Hosp

Lou0212

Hi Everyone, just joined today after reading so many positive and encouraging stories on here.
My GP referred me on 16/03/12 and I have an appt for Seminar on 18/04/12.
I am attending Sunderland Royal Hosp, does anyone have any idea what the current waiting time is?

Thanks
Lou x

Good Luck on your journey hon! Everyone here is supportive :)

Hiya and welcome, I think at the min from referal to op its upto about 18 month, I had a bypass done at Sunderland in November and I've had no problems or pain since op. The seminar is great very informative x

Hi an welcome, i attended my seminar at SRH at the beginning of this month they said then the waiting list is anything from 12 to 18 months from your seminar

:welcome:

I'm on the waiting list for a sleeve at srh and hoping to get the call in the next few weeks with a date - hopefully I will have waited 15-16 months x

Hi there lou, I would say round about 18 months, am a pre-opper so its just a waiting game am afraid. I have been waiting a year now. so fingers crossed it will fly past.

Hi and welcome everyone is right it is about 18 months from seminar to operation, it may appear to be a long time but it soon passes I promise, x x

Hi Lou nice to speak to you I had my op at SRH I had a bypass and have been completely fit and well since, no problems really, weight coming down nicely. Everyone on here is friendly and helpful and think thats about right around 18 months think mine was close to 24 like but had to have sleep tests which took an age to sort but they are lovely there. xx

two years this June for me........... still nowhere near having it.

I attended the seminar on 16th Dec 2010 and am hoping for an op date soon. The time passes quickly but this last stage is the worst :)

My seminar was December 2009 and op was August 20th 2011 was referred by gp in June 2009. Had endoscopies Jan and March 2011 then op August. Several cancelled appointments a long the way, just part of the course, just sit back and watch it all unfold it seems long at the time then all of a sudden its here and then its done and your on the otherside still working hard but seeing results that spur you on. good luck xx

I had my seminar Jan 2011, nurse appt may 2011 then due to appointment cancellation not seeing surgeon until May 2012 Also as they have said I have to have a balloon before bypass it will probably be 2013 before I actually have bypass

it can be very frustrating process and when they cancel appointments it seems to be about 4-5 month for a new one but as I was told by one of the surgeons it's not life saving its life enhancing surgery . in other words no hurry!?!?

My seminar was Oct 2010, and hoping to get my bypass around June - July this year. So, around 19 - 20 months.

There are stages where you feel like it will never happen because you think about it every day, and time drags so much, then others where you manage to put it to the back of your mind.

I have kept having little things to look forward to in between - a concert, parties, weekend away etc. Otherwise I think I could become very obsessed!

Yes ladies I found it along rocky road after sevreal appointments and still no word of a sleep test I was really disheartened then eventually it happened I had sleep apnoea a machine to use each night then I had an endoscopy which had to be repeated bout 2 month after which really upset me once is enough for most people I had a good cry whe n that letter came to have a 2nd one. Then I had more appointments some of which were cancelled then finally I got a call one teatime asking if I would be ok to be booked in provisionally for August 2011 I said yes, and that was it. I have a nice little collection of letters and appointment slips. xx does all come together but it is a long waiting game. xx Thats the good thig about this site people are and have been in the same position as you xx good luck xx

I wouldn't hold your breath its been 18 months since seminar and still waiting to see surgeon!!

they often cancel appointments as you will find out on here. Also the surgeons do stints with the forces so more delays and I have been told that there is often a struggle for theatre space

hope you have more luck than I have very disgruntled as I am now losing mobility

Hi I went to the seminar in June 11 at Sunderland, next apointment Jan 12 with dietician and due an appointment July 12, to then hopefully go on the waiting list. Feels a long road but hopefully worth it!

Back