• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting Lists / Tier 3 Question

Hi Harley_Q Oh gosh I'm waiting for something from Chichester too.. Haven't had anything like that yet - although, when I called up to ask when I might get my MDT assessment the woman asked me if I'd completed a questionnaire.. So I told her I hadn't but I thought that Why Weight had and she said that was fine! :-/ I'm expecting the same thing now.. Just be honest is all I suggest - it's annoying that we are always feeling like they are out to trick us or catch us out! (That's the same thing I just realised!)

Birdie have you had to apply for funding??

Thanks for your help, I am completely clueless about the NHS route and I really don't have a clue where in the process I am as I went to see Mr Pring as a private patient but could only afford a band and he wants be to have a bypass

Hi Harley - when you say apply for funding - do you mean that I have to do an application form or will the tier 3 people do that for you?

What does your letter say Hun? When was it dated? (Just wondering if mines coming any time soon!)

Just called St Richards and have been told there's quite a long wait for appointments - and if my referral was only sent a couple of weeks back it's probably in the pile which she's not had a chance to look at yet! (Great!) Feeling lost and a bit annoyed! :'(

My food diary and questions are done and will be posted tomorrow to join the back log! Actually I'll be glad if the appointment is after sept as I can't take time off work between now and then!

My food diary and questions are done and will be posted tomorrow to join the back log! Actually I'll be glad if the appointment is after sept as I can't take time off work between now and then!
That's great Harley - I'm almost tempted to call them again but I know it's pointless! I tried emailing my shrink to get her to chase it but she called and said no can do! Urgh! Just have to wait it out! Oh I had a question for you Harley - how long ago was your referral sent to St Richards? Just wondering how far back mine is? :-/

Well I met Mr pring about 3 weeks ago and he wrote to my dr's asking them to refer me back to them, so 2-3 weeks ago I guess. Are you just waiting for an appointment for MDT or the questionairre I had to do?

It's hard to be a patient patient :) I think once you make the decision and get in the mindset you want to get going!

That's exactly it... I'm not sure why they call us patients.. I think we just want to start a new change ASAP - but there's just too many of us!! I wish I could go private (private = quicker) ;)

I was all geared up to go private for a band so this is going to be a long old wait! If he'd just agreed to the bad id prob have it by now! Never mind x

Don't think yours will be too long Harley - you don't need to do tier 3 do you? Not if you've already been referred?

I feel like I'm obsessed with this whole thing ever since I was told I'm almost finished I can't seem to hurry things up enough. I'm always reading something or other about WLS and checking the forum and I'm like a crazy thing when the postman comes! I'm worried my husband is going to be annoyed because everything that comes out of my mouth is weight / WLS related.

I need to chill!

I don't know about you, but being obsessive is part of my make up. I think that's partly why I'm the size I am.

I'm like a dog with a bone - once I know what I want and I've latched onto it - there's no letting go! I don't think I'm like that with food.. I think I just over eat a lot!

I think we're all obsessed to some extent, I think the whole WLS not being black and white doesn't help either!

I love black or white - so much so my wife calls me autistic boy (and I must admit I do show traits of being on the spectrum :) )

Back