• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting to see my surgeon 8 mths out

triedeverything

Here in the waiting room right now and all I can think is that I will be a big disappointment to him. He wanted me to have the bypass but respected my wishes to go for the Sleeve. I have no regrets whatsoever but I am loosing very slowly and for some reason I don't want to be a disappointment to him or his stats! Crazy really .. Ooh I've been called here goes nothing.

Good luck - I think I'm going to be the same - it's just the way out bodies work. I lose chronically slowly - even on Cambridge I could only do a lb a week. It is a long haul project.

Thanks ladies.. well that was a lot of worry over nothing! He said he's happy with my weightloss and it's what he expected for a sleeve at this stage post surgery (I think he was being generous) and said I'm not done yet and it will keep coming off slowly which he would prefer for various reasons.. he says he gets a lot more worried for patients who are still losing a stone a month at this stage.. after 6 months he would expect it to slow down more along half a stone a month maximum so he was happy with where I was! Massive relief!

We also talked about the changes emotionally to losing weight, and how other people's reactions to me have been quite surprising but not in a good way. He said it is common for other people to feel jealousy and suggested I go and speak to his emotional counsellor who is really good at helping post oppers come to terms with their new body... wow I wasn't expecting such lovely support and I'm bowled over by it.. what a lovely guy *swoon*.

I've also got to add Vitamin D to my supplements along with my Multi Vit and B12 (as I'm vegetarian). What a very positive and helpful meeting!

Good luck - I think I'm going to be the same - it's just the way out bodies work. I lose chronically slowly - even on Cambridge I could only do a lb a week. It is a long haul project.

DITTO !!!
Exactly the same as me, even managed repeated stay the same weeks!! I reckon over the past 20odd years I've ruined my natural metabolism.
Still...keep on trying xx

You've lost loads! Don't beat yourself up love. I've lost 3.5st since last June and am having for it to be gradual. The thought of weight falling off me and having no control over it terrifies me (maybe I'm weird though haha).
I bet you look so much better and are wearing smaller clothes, etc - focus on the positives.

C x

Here in the waiting room right now and all I can think is that I will be a big disappointment to him. He wanted me to have the bypass but respected my wishes to go for the Sleeve. I have no regrets whatsoever but I am loosing very slowly and for some reason I don't want to be a disappointment to him or his stats! Crazy really .. Ooh I've been called here goes nothing.

How lovely to read this!!! I am 4 weeks post sleeve today, and my weight loss has been small compared to reading threads on here. I stayed the same last week (time of the month) but have only lost about 10lbs so far, which is a tiny amount compared to some, but it is the first time I have lost weight, and I think my body shape is changing - my engagement and wedding rings are nearly falling off my fingers, and my clothes do feel a bit baggy. I was beginning to feel I was the only one loosing slowly, but thank you for writing your post - gives me hope !!!!!
Well done on your achievements so far!!!!
Love sal xxx

You have done amazing in this short time, I often feel I am doing something wrong as I lose at a slower rate than some maybe it is my age or maybe my metabolism.
Anyway it is good that the people here all understand we cannot all lose at super speed. Thank you x

How lovely to read this!!! I am 4 weeks post sleeve today, and my weight loss has been small compared to reading threads on here. I stayed the same last week (time of the month) but have only lost about 10lbs so far, which is a tiny amount compared to some, but it is the first time I have lost weight, and I think my body shape is changing - my engagement and wedding rings are nearly falling off my fingers, and my clothes do feel a bit baggy. I was beginning to feel I was the only one loosing slowly, but thank you for writing your post - gives me hope !!!!!
Well done on your achievements so far!!!!
Love sal xxx

Join me hun...we should start a new thread SLOWEST LOSER lol ;)

At least you are all losing....... its in the right direction. :) thats all that matter xx

I'll join the slowest losers, 4 weeks post op tomorrow and only lost 15lb, my clothes are dropping off but the scales aren't moving for me

YAY! I take pride in being 'slow' (ha - that sounds ridiculous).

My biggest fear pre-op was it all falling off rapidly and me having little/no control. The thought of looking like a completely different person within months really frightened me. But then, I am a bit weird x

YAY! I take pride in being 'slow' (ha - that sounds ridiculous). My biggest fear pre-op was it all falling off rapidly and me having little/no control. The thought of looking like a completely different person within months really frightened me. But then, I am a bit weird x

Good luck!!! Hope it went well??!!! I consider myself 'slow' according to the scales, but my clothes sizes have dropped from a 26-28 pre-op had my sleeve on 3rd jan 2014, and am now a size 20!!! But the scales say I have only lost 4stone 2 pounds. Slowly but surely!!!! At least it is 'coming off' , I know mine didn't go on overnight, so it won't come off overnight!!! I am sure you are doing just fine, and I bet they are pleased with u!!!

Take care
Love salliebeth xxx

Back