• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss on pre op diet

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hi everyone
Am four days into the pre op diet, had really bad headaches for the first three days, but seem much better today.
Just wondering, will the hospital be looking for a certain amount of weight loss on this diet or is it just purely to shrink the liver?
Thanks again for everyone's kind comments, Monday will soon be here :)

Its all about the skrinkage the weightloss is just a bonus x

On the literature I got from my dietician it mentioned we could expect a possible weight loss of between 3-9kg (8-21lbs) within 3 weeks. I lost 23lbs doing 4wks on the milk diet. Everyone varies though in the same way our losses vary post-op. The aim is to shrink your liver and any weight loss is a bonus, plus less you have to lose afterwards ;)

You're doing fantastic hun, not long to go now :D

Re: your headaches... are you drinking enough fluids? Have you reduced the amount of coffee/tea you're drinking? Either could be a possible cause.

Sorry to push the thread off on a slight tangent, but could somebody tell me what exactly the milk diet consists of? (other than the obvious! lol). I have read bits here and there about it, but not actually seen a full written explanation of what it is, and how to do it.

Sorry again if this may be going slightly off-topic, don't want to hijack your thread.

Well, mine is 4 pints milk, 2 pints other fluids (NS), one Oxo type drink per day and a sugar free jelly plus 3 sticks sf gum. I'm now day 10 and have lost a stone so that's got to be good. Haven't cheated once - can't believe myself. Not usually virtuous !
Best of luck,
Soupie.

Back