• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What cold remedies can I take 2 weeks post op?

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Hi, without the pain and discomfort of just being 2 weeks post of my immune system has failed its first battle against the common cold. I have woken up today feeling like s**t quite frankly and I burst into tears because its bad enough without the cold.

The hospital was very vague about what I could take when not well, I know I can't have anything effervescent but what else can I take? My face and sinuses are absolute agony and I have a banging headache, I have trouble swallowing generally because of an accident I had at 8 years old I usually need a big gulp of drink but obv can't do this now and I can't take my multivitamins because I gag on them. Yeah I know I'm a nightmare.

So can anyone offer some good advice my mum is going to tescos after church so I have till 1pm to come up with something! :)

Thanks, Laura xxxx

sorry your feeling poop x not really sure what you can take but sure someone will be along soon with advice x

I was given soluble paracetamol at 1 day post op, so something along those lines may be ok. Just watch the sugar content, medicines are notorious for their hidden sugars.

I am sure that someone will be along with some good advice shortly.
Hope you feel better soon.
Lx

Back