• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When do you know you're full?

Karma67

As the title suggests...how does your body/pouch let you know when it's full?

I'm having a few problems recognising the signals :eek:
For me i 'think' it is when I am eating I have a little burp lol but I have also found that after my evening meal I feel I have to lie flat to 'stretch' out my tummy to feel more comfortable, which in turn makes me think i'm eatng too much if i'm getting this feeling! Ackkk i don't know i'm all confused!

Any advice and personal experiences gratefully received xx

i feel full when it becomes uncomfortable to take another mouthful and swallow it down, i don't often get it, cos i try not to push it too far, but believe me, if you eat too much, you'll yak :eek: or at least feel like it, i guess we're all different, it also depends on what i eat, i still sometimes struggle with protein, ie chicken, tuna, turkey, gotta chew it to death or my pouch don't like it, my story so dunno if it helps you tho ;)

Its hard to explain really, its just a kind of tight feeling in my tummy that can range from very mild, where I just know that I could have one or two more bites but dont, to very suddenly feeling as though I have eaten a three course meal and when that happens I cant even finish my mouthful, I have to spit it out delicately, I literally wouldnt be able to swallow it, that doesnt happen that often and is annoying when it does.
I also get a tickly feeling in my nose...strange as that may sound, inside my nose tickles and sometimes my nose runs. Gillabean did explain it on here once, something to do with a nerve or something, I just know that it happens to me and is wierrrrrrrrrrrd lol
Steph xx

With me my chest tightens and feels like someone is sitting on it (sounds more extreme then it is , lol) and then I stop eating altogether, and also the fact I feel like I have had the biggest meal going lets me know too . HTH

All the best - MeJulie x x

With me, I get a gurgle at the back of my throat which tells me I am full and not to push it!!!! Even my husband hears the 'gurgle'! Can be embarassing if we are out in a restaurant...lol

I've been back on solid food 3 weeks and so far I can't say I've experienced any real physical feelings of restriction, although I generally know when I've had enough. It worries me, as although I'm certainly not eating the amount I used to, I'm concerned I might be starting to eat too much too soon and end up stretching my pouch. :confused:

It took me a long time to recognise when I was feeling full but now I just feel my tummy is tight and like the others have said, my nose runs when I'm full for some strange reason lol

I get that gurgle too and I just feel as though I really could not eat another bite without being ill x

oooo steph thats bizarre hey with the nose, i to read that on here x

I get uncomfy in my tummy, starts to feel like theres too much in there. This just comes on really quick, like straight after the food hits my tummy. Apparantly I take deep breaths and my hubby knows I'm full and starts to eat off my plate.

If i'm eating a high protein meal i feel the fullness at the top of my pouch and i know i can't manage much more. But generally i aim to have a small meal if its crackers n hummus or something, i too do not push my pouch...

I sneeze, really hard sneezes usually 3 times then I get a really uncomfortable full feeling a couple of minutes later.

Back