• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which foods are classed as slider foods?

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi all,
I am about to start on the 'puree' stage of my post op diet and am a little excited:D
Can't wait to eat something worth tasting!
Anyway, I'm probably a little ahead of myself but which foods are classed as 'slider' foods? I know things like soup obviously but what else?
Cheers me dears :)

My dietician said they are anything you can push through a sieve (sp), so there are lots, which is why eating your protein 1st is important.

Hi all,
I am about to start on the 'puree' stage of my post op diet and am a little excited:D
Can't wait to eat something worth tasting!
Anyway, I'm probably a little ahead of myself but which foods are classed as 'slider' foods? I know things like soup obviously but what else?
Cheers me dears :)

sorry if I come across as a bit dense but what is slider food? am new to all this jargon. Rob

Hi Rob, slider food is food that we can eat quite a volume of for example i can eat quite alot of mashed potato but i can only eat a handful of tuna before feeling full so the logic of this for me is to stick to food like tuna/meat so i dont eat too much volume. Hope this hasnt confused you even more!

Good question Rob, i was also unsure, thanks for the answer Lisa :)

Thanks everyone xx

Back