• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who is on the liquid stage for christmas ?

lyndunkia

I am going to be on the liquid stage christmas day, i was wondering who else was and how you are going to deal with it. I have been really positive about everything but have found it a bit difficult buying all the treats and food for my hubby and son that i can't eat. I will also be going to family and friends and wondered how everyone else was keeping there spirits up ?
Thanks lyndsey xxx

Im on pureed food hun so not that much different as you still have to puree your foodto a runny slurpy runny stuff lol... ive got to get rets and stuff for my12 year old and im going to my parents for 2 days so i sympathise.... what you can do though is head to tesco/sainsburies and get your self some nice soups... chicken, tomato, mushroom... or been told there is a turkey dinner soup... and then the soups with the bits in just put through a sieve to get rid of the bits... at least then you will have some different flavours xx at first i started on complan soups...omg horrid!! then when i was told i could have normal soups.. just put through a sieve.. i was a happy bunny xx
How ong are you on liquids for? i was for 10 days and im on pureed until 31st december, then soft foods for 7 weeks x

I am on liquid for 2 weeks ( until wed ) then puree for 2 weeks then soft for 2 weeks. I have got myself a weight watchers chicken leak and potato soup (which is lovely) for my christmas dinner. I know it is worth it but as you know it isn't half tough sometimes.
Thankyou for your advice, I hope you have a lovely christmas. Lyndsey xx

Merry Christmas to you too hun... its funny how different hospitals have different rules... but hey ho we have to go with what we are told and what our medical teams tell us xx i was speaking to one lady who had her op the same day as me...different area and she started on soft foods a week after surgery!! xx

I know the difference from hospital to hospital is unreal but as you say Rayne we just have to do as our medical team tell us.

Thank you Julie it is some how comforting to know you are not alone.
Merry Christmas.... Lyndsey x

Hey Ladies, I'm also on puree stage for another 3 weeks so know just how you're feeling :sigh: I've been fine all week but when hubby and I did the shop last night I felt really sad that I can't have 'real' food.
I can't explain it :confused: I chose to have my op close to Christmas as it fitted in better with my Uni schedule...I guess I'm just mourning food?

I'll probably have pureed roast veg and gravy but don't fancy pureed meat...YUK!

It's only for a few weeks, and next Christmas we'll all be in the slinky party dresses we've always dreamed of :D :cool:

Merry Christmas xx

Thanks Red, you have cheered me right up. You are so right heres to our futures.
Merry Christmas,
Lyndsey xx

I love that you are all so positive re the liquid diet. This year just enjoy the other aspects of Christmas and next year you will be much lighter and eating with everyone else - just smaller portions :)

Hi, I am on the liquid stage. I am going to have a WW tomato soup thinned with water/milk then I am going to have a home made smoothie of strawberries & banana later on. Enjoy the festivities. Cheers,

here is to next Christmas everyone.... this year we will ge through it knowing we are all in the same boat... and next year.. Christmas will be our time xxx

Well I have just weighed myself and have lost nearly 3 STONE woo hoo ! since I started my pre op diets and I have worn a coat today that I have't worn for ages because I couldn't fit in it. I'm on top of the world liquid diet christmas day or not.
Good Luck everyone... Lyndsey xx

Back