• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wig Question

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi guys
No, I dont need a wig due to hair loss lol
Basically, I always wanted longer hair as I got slimmer but then as I got slimmer I decided that a shorter bob would be better as I thought that longer hair would make my neck look wider lol
Anyway, I would still love long hair but I dont want to go through the whole palava of growing my hair longer only to find that my hair doesnt suit me longer.
So, I thought that maybe if I tried on a nice wig I could see. Ive seen some lovely ones around but they are at least £25 and I only want to see if it suits me longer, I dont plan on using a wig enough to pay £25+.
I dont want to go to a wig stall etc that are going to stand there staring at me as I try it on, only to be annoyed with me as I walk away without buying it.
So, what I am wondering is...do any of you know of anyone that either sells cheap wigs or that would allow me try some on without the pressure of having to buy one.
I am in Widnes Cheshire by the way, so its within a half hour radius around me that Im looking. That or if someone could loan me one through the mail.
Tis a long shot I know but hey ho.
This is the general shape Im looking for...
wig.jpg

Not absolutely that colour, but it has to be dark hair.
I wouldnt definately wear it flat either, I would wear bits up and maybe a few twirly bits here and there.
Chances are that I just wont suit longer hair, but I would like to know.
So...anyone?
Steph xx

Have you thought about clip in hair extensions.
Go onto you tube and see how easy they are to put in for an instant change.
I use them all the time.
Not permanent and not to costly.(depending on what quality of hair you get)
you can even get them on ebay!!
x x x

fancy dress shops usually have a number of wigs on display....not fab quality but just to go try on to see length could be possible

Have you looked for a program on the net where you can super impose your face and give it a hairstyle of your choice? I remember my sister having great fun doing this a couple of years ago when she fancied a change... She did it to me and my daughter, good for a laugh and you don't need to leave your laptop :) xx

Thanks Night xx

Thanks Julie but Ive tried that and every single hairstyle looked ridiculous lol

Steph xx

Steph there a hairdressers in town called beyond the fringe its a hairdressers which sell good quality wigs. They are expensive but they will try them on you to see which one suits you. You could do this and say you'll come back for one, I've done it a few times over the years and so have my friends. Could be worth a try, good luck! xxx

Looking at your picture, I think the darker hair ages you a little, I think you should try a lighter shade, with high and low lights to give it more vibrancy.

Also a side sweeping fringe would suit you with you current style.

if you want longer hair, save up and get half head of micro extensions...they look fab :)

Back