• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woo hoo i`ve got funding!!!!

los in it

just giggly with happiness here, and have to share my good news :bliss:
I`ve been waiting since the start of the month for a letter from Homerton hospital re seeing the team there.I finally bit the bullet last week but just missed the team so the person at the switchboard said to phone after the weekend.....it couldn't go fast enough(take about wishing my life away !)
anyway come this morning got on the phone first thing made contact with the team and chatted with one of the nurses who said a letter was on its way for an appointment in Jan 2014 and that funding had already been approved! I couldn't believe it I had to get her say it twice! she said that this appointment was to meet the team and the surgeon and to maybe even get a date while I was there as she said the team like to do that!
I can now stop worrying about been "forgotten" by the team and get my head in gear and at least enjoy my Christmas !roll on Jan 2014 !!!!

huge congrats hun its the best news

Thank you guys I cannot tell you how happy I am my face is aching from grinning so much!

congrats and goodluck for your journey

Congratulations! hope youre not in pain from all the dancing and smiling lol

Good luck for Jan & being able to enjoy christmas :D

congrats hun and good luck :) that time will whiz round quick and what a wonderful way to start the new year......... i wont be far behind you lol was funded approved several months back but only just got my letter last week to say i'm on the list wohooooo so 18 weeks tops unless of course the list gets shorter could be quicker. So new year new me and new you x x good luck

thanks! yes your right the time (should) fly by I keep coming home each night looking for the letter its only been a couple of days and im still grinning! I need to remind myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint so let it take it course because the band is only the beginning not the end !

yes :) i was like a Cheshire cat grinning from ear to ear when i got my letter.
Your right about its only just the start of course but hard not to swept up in the excitement LOL it will be like Christmas over and over again every day a new challenge and all the new exciting things to look forward to............ I'm just waiting for the doubts to start creeping in, i guess as it gets closer it will happen and when the pre op starts I'll be climbing the walls but i will keep in mind what a wonderful opportunity im being given......... im going to grab it with both hands :)

Back