• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried I'm not eating/drinking enough.

simplylucy

This is one concern I never thought I'd have. But I'm unsure if I'm getting enough in.

I'm still on liquids, I start runny purees tomorrow.

Just now for lunch, I whizzed up a bit of cauliflower cheese and added loads of extra milk to make it into a thin soup. I managed all of 6 teaspoons and I'm stuffed.

Last night I had some sugar free jelly, again about 4 teaspoons that were mashed to liquid in my mouth and I'm stuffed.

I can managed about 1 third of a cup of tea, water seems to get stuck and nas squash I can manage about 1 pint over 3 hours, sipping very slowly.

If I'm getting so full on liquids then what am I going to be like on purees tomorrow????? :rolleyes:

Dont worry lucy it does work out in the end. Keep sipping the drinks and i found lots of small meals not just 3 a day really helped me get the nutrition in.

You will be surprised how you adapt, try not to worry, I can remember feeling the same early post op and was worried I wasnt getting enough nutrition.

Good luck and try not to worry.

Lucy you should be aiming for 6 small meals with drinks in between. If you make some of the drinks milky you boost your protein more that way.

Thats all right, I still graze just so I can get enough nutrients in. Cant face large meals so split them up in to lots of small ones.

I am still losing an average of 1.5 to 3lbs a week and havnt stalled yet. Maybe because my metabolism is always working.

Mind I am expecting a stall at anytime.... LOL

Lucy you should be aiming for 6 small meals with drinks in between. If you make some of the drinks milky you boost your protein more that way.

Hey I'm a mind reader, just turned the laptop back on whilst drinking my raspberry milk shake!

I whizzed some raspberrys with milk in the blender then painfully sieved out the seeds!

It's going down slowly but surely.

I'm finding I'm able to eat much more in the last 2 days.. I guess the swelling is starting to subside in my tummy.

I was only taking in 2 tbs of puree & was told I ahould be eating about half a ramekin dish so I upped my portions & started eating MUCH slower which helps too. x

Back