• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow it's restriction Saturday!

simplylucy

I've always had great restriction. I can only manage very tiny portions at the best of times but today WOW my restriction is huge!

For beakfast I toasted a piece of that lovely burgen seeded bread, high in protein (forget about the carbs! It's a Saturday!). Well I had 2 bites and restriction hit! I managed another bite but possibly shouldn't have!

I made a coffee and got half down before I got stuck!

I've just opened a pack of fridge raiders for lunch, yes you've guessed it, 3 pieces in and bang, restriction again!

At this rate I'll be lucky to hit 300 calories today. Normally on a really good day I've managed to get my calorie intake up to 700, but to be honest most days it's around 550.

I'm feeling great though. Only 3 weeks till my birthday. Oh I'd so love to be in the 12's for then. Only 10lb to go! Fingers crossed all!

That restriction is massive.....I can almost eat a bag of Fridge Raiders, I usually give the last one or two to my son but only 3 :eek: Wow, its weird how we are all so different yet have had the same op!!
Hope you hit your target for your birthday ;) XX

I've always had great restriction. I can only manage very tiny portions at the best of times but today WOW my restriction is huge!

For beakfast I toasted a piece of that lovely burgen seeded bread, high in protein (forget about the carbs! It's a Saturday!). Well I had 2 bites and restriction hit! I managed another bite but possibly shouldn't have!

I made a coffee and got half down before I got stuck!

I've just opened a pack of fridge raiders for lunch, yes you've guessed it, 3 pieces in and bang, restriction again!

At this rate I'll be lucky to hit 300 calories today. Normally on a really good day I've managed to get my calorie intake up to 700, but to be honest most days it's around 550.

I'm feeling great though. Only 3 weeks till my birthday. Oh I'd so love to be in the 12's for then. Only 10lb to go! Fingers crossed all!

I SOOOO wish I had that restriction !! :)

It might be worth having a slider dinner like cottage pie or fish in sauce, or a creamy soup (depending on how you tolerate fats) as you are risking damaging your body and suffering muscle wastage on so few calories. On tight days, go for little and often and see what goes down better.

I do eat a lot of slider foods, I have to! But to be honest even with a slider type ready meal I can only get half a ready meal sized portion down. My main meals are always sliders, if I didn't do this then I'd be struggle to function!

I don't dump on fats fortunately so ensure I have a good helping of spread on toast etc. I also eat quite a few nuts to raise my daily intake.

I eat about 5 times a day, little and often is my bodys rules!

im very similar to you lucy, although i do get days where i can eat a bit more, so on those days i eat as much as i can. i very rarely eat all i put out, even though i only put out small portions, i eat all my meals in a small pasta bowl, and i dont put too much in it cos i cant handle being overfaced. funny isnt it how we are all different.

oh i meant to say, protein fills me up sooooo quickly, 2 or 3 bits and thats it, but i know i need it, so i always eat it first.

Do you see a dietician now? Have they said anything about your calorie intake being so low?

Goodness Lucy only 300 calories some days... that seems so low... do hope you achieve your goal as desired for your Birthday Angel, but also please take care of you, you are very precious to us all.

Love and hugs xxx

I'd love restriction like that, but then saying that i quite enjoy eating the small plate of dinner i eat now :) Not like a great big heaped plate like pre op...

I know I've been moaning about my weight loss being a bit slower recently, but goodness, I'm grateful that my restriction isn't as bad as that! I'd be really concerned about the long-term effects of malabsorption if that was all I could manage to eat in a day! How on earth do you function on 300 kcals a day?!

I feel a little concerned now about the amount I can eat.

I have started threads about it before but everyones told me not to worry. Now I'm really worried.

I expressed my concern to the dietitian when I saw her for my 6 week check, the surgeon and dietitian said I was doing great and the restriction was normal for that stage.

My next appointment is march, but I guess I could make it sooner if needed.

Gosh I've been harping on since the word go about my severe restriction but it's only just hit me tonight that it really is quite bad.

Don't stress about it, that will make things worse. Do you log your intake through a website? I would recommend spending a week or so doing that, eating normally, and be 100% accurate, and then see what your average daily intake is, especially for calories and protein. If less than 800cals and 60g protein per day then spend the following week working to try to achieve that every day. If you can't, then I would think a call to your team might be in order. You can then show them the two different weeks and explain what you've done and get their opinion. I would be asking them though about the risks to yourself of long term low calorie eating and muscle wastage.

If there is anything I can do to help, just shout x

There's 5 days difference between us op wise Lucy & I can eat double if not more of what you eat.

I was eating like you at maybe a month out & for not much longer than that!

Thanks, you're a star.

I already use myfitnesspal.

My daily intake varies between 500 to 700 calories most days with a few days less thrown in just because I physically can't get enough in.

My protein is normally between 60-80g daily but on the days where my restriction is mega high I struggle to get it over 45g

I'll make a huge effort to try and up the calories this week if I can. I want to do it in a healthy way though so will avoid high fat foods!

Back