• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time to maintain - time for supplements.

simplylucy

I've mentioned a few times that I'm struggling to maintain so I got hold of my dietician.

I'm currently 10st 4lb but I'm carrying quite a bit of excess skin, mainly on my tummy. I'm a size 8 sometimes a 6 now and plenty small enough. My bmi is just over 25 but taking the excess skin into account it's probably nearer 24 possibly below.

Having gone through my diet and my attempts of stabilising my weight they have at long last decided my restriction is way too high. I've said this all along. At 11 months post surgery I'm still struggling to eat more than half a ready meal (slider one at that). If I hit protein I can only manage between quarter and a third of a chicken breast and nothing else with that meal!

My next step is to add high calorie supplements from my gp now. It's a high calorie drink apparently. I'm a very sensitive dumper (still) so the dietician will ensure I have a low sugar supplement.

At present I struggle to take in 800-1000 calories per day and on some days it's as low as 600.

I'm to have 2 of these supplement drinks per day at about 300 calories each.

Oh I also have to change my skinny latte and cappuchinos to full fat!! Yikes!

It's going to feel very wierd pumping the extra calories in, I'm paranoid they'll make me gain. But at the same time I know I need them to stop me loosing anymore weight!

Oh and no exercise for a month either! She said until I can build up my calories I need to stop burning off do many!!!

Who'd have thought 12 months ago i'd be in this situation!!!! Scarey!

Wowser, that is an incredible amount of weight to lose in such a short space of time, hope you can manage your maintenance. We started at a similar weight and have both had by passes but I cant imagine EVER EVER being a size 8!!! Good luck and enjoy your full fat cappacinos!

Madness isn't it! I never imagined being a size 8 either, was always convinced I was big boned!!! Lol.

I actually end up buying a lot of kids clothes too now. I have age 12 tops from next! Also next age 15 jeans are perfect for me! Was a bit embarrassed the otherday when I spotted a 4 year old wearing the same hoodie as me, mines an age 14!!!!

My mum bought my 11 year old a pair of jeans. They were too big for my daughter but fitted me great! They were tesco aged 13!!!!

I so don't want to loose any more weight, oh my goodness I never thought I'd ever say that!!!!

Welcome to my world :)

I use ensure plus, I have to sip one over an hour to prevent dumping. They taste ok, there are about 10 different flavours so I just tried them all and keep a list for the pharmacist of the ones I like. Added bonus, they're full of vits and mins!

Full fat latte, full fat cheese, cook with cream, lots of carbs (ensure plus has 17g of protein), sloppy high fat meals like lasagne, drink slowly with meals to help with portion sizes, snack, snack again, snack some more! Oh and eat chips. With cheese on. And a side order of lard ;)

Hope the drinks help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It takes a while to find your balance. When I first started trying to maintain i was scared of increasing my intake too much, which together with really rubbish dietician advice meant I crept my intake up slowly over a few months. During that time I lost a stone, and was pregnant.

Try to bring in an extra meal if possible, especially if you're part of the tiny pouch brigade (I am too!), I aim to have 2 lunches, and sometimes 2 breakfasts too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Some people may envy you and Shel, and in all honesty i envy some of your gain but nothing else.

You will both end up (if not already) been more food obsessed than ever. Something we hope a bypass will stop forever, but it doesn't!

Good luck Lucy xx

I dont envy them,like you Julie I can see the downside to this situation and would be worried.This is a part of wls that isnt talked about enough by your team.People make sure you understand what it entails.Malnutrition can get a hold of you while you are excited by the weightloss and change in lifestyle.It is VERY easy to lose out on vital stuff our bodies need.

Back