• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your last meal??

ditzeeblonde

What was (or would be) your last meal before your Op (or pre op diet)? Did you have a big blow out or just treat it as a normal meal?

I had............

Starter - Smoked Mackeral Pate with Crackers and Chutney
Main - 400g Fillet Steak, 4 King Prawns and Chunky Chips
Dessert - American Cheesecake
2nd Dessert - Cheese and Crackers
Drinks - 2 Bottles of Red Wine

It was mammoth! My girlfriend couldnt believe I got through it all.

On my 6 month post op anniversary I had the same again, but had small bit of pate and 2 crackers, no chutney because of the sugar, 50g steak, 2 prawns and mash (not chips) and had some cheese and crackers for desert (no cheesecake) and 2 glasses of wine and not 2 bottles..... was just as happy with that as I was with my "last meal" Plus i ate it over a couple of hours this time rather than within an hour last time.

Sort of shows that whatever you have as a "last meal" wont actually be a "last meal" just the last time you will eat that sort of food for a while....

Your life doesnt end post bypass, it begins!!!!

My last meal was:

starter: crispy lamb with pancakes and plum sauce

main: special fried rice and sweet n sour chicken, pancake roll and prawn crackers

desert: a pot of haagen pralines and cream ice cream

washed down with a bottle of pepsi max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(makes me feel quite sick now to think i ate all that)

I like the fact Mark that you can adapt your 'last' meal once post op!

I think my meal would be something along the lines of yours but would swap the pate for some goats cheese & chutney!

Lisa.... haagen daas - delish! x

Yeah you can adapt most parts of pre op life to fit around a healthy post op life.... Like some people know, im not the model post opper, i still have things i shouldnt but now i have them in proportion. I no longer drink 2 bottles of wine, i have 2 glasses, i no longer eat 3 pounds of cheese and a whole box of crackers, i now have a little cheese and a few crackers, i no longer have a large nfull fat extra sugar with cream latte, i now have a small, skimmed milk latte.

I dont feel like i miss out on anything and I am really happy like that and i dont think my weight loss has suffered at all (9 and a half stone in 7 months)

But i can see how some peoples lifes cant be like that, because i never had a sweet tooth, so i dont miss not eating sweet things, but i can see how post bypass some people do miss sweet stuff.

I am so pleased that I can't eat sweet stuff any more. It had such a hold on me that I finally feel free to be the real me. I don't miss sweet stuff at all, I watched my friends eat their desserts today and I didn't miss it, I just enjoyed their faces as they tucked in.

OK my last meal.

All you can eat Chinese, lots of little bits. I am sure that I'll be able to have the protein bits again, they were the best part anyway.

I love sweet things but I know I can live without them as long as I don't touch them. I lost 7 stone in 4 months (for my wedding) in 2006 on a vlcd which was also low carb & I had never felt better & didn't even fancy anything sweet BUT that first falter & I couldn't resist.
The fact that the implications are pretty gross from eating too much sugary foods excites me about having a bypass... I need that resistance because my sweet tooth always wins over my willpower & never again will I have the motivation of a wedding to kick me into action!!

I had a curry... is was crap! and i found a rubber band in it!
My parents said it was a really good curry place. they lied :(

I have curry now, and its yum.... im back up north though, and i have to say... the scottish have better curry houses!!!

btw mark... can you only manage 50g of steak in one go?
i can do about 120g... i ususally make sure i eat no more than 200g in one sitting

.x.

I can manage more if im not having 3 courses, when I went to Iceland they served us steak on hot coals and we had to cook it ourself. It came out and it was huuuuuge, however it was soooo soft and tender it all went down, i couldnt believe it, but i didnt eat any of the other stuff they served it with!!!

Yeah, i find fillet steak the easiest thing to eat! it just melts! mmmmm .x.

I'm really similar to you mark with my eating, theres nothing i cant have even sweet things but the difference is the amount, instead of having 2 bars of chocolate i'll have a fun size milky way and instead of eating a whole curry, rice and nann bread i'll have a third of the curry and eat it with salad so i dont feel deprived of anything and best of all im losing loads of weight without feeling like im on a diet!!!!

My last meal was a take away thai green curry and I think I also had a chinese a few days before. They were my favourite meals! My hubby has had the thai green curry since and I enjoyed a very small amount too, just the chicken in the sauce with a few (naughty) crackers, it was lush! Haven't had any chinese yet but one day!

Cuppa xx

I did a full roast the saturday before, beef, pork, part boiled crispy roast potatoes, peas, carrot, thick gravy made from the beef juices......mmmmmm
my last beer was the following day where a large beer fest was planned with my little brother which was going quite well till he went to the loo at my house fell down the stairs and broke his neck :( kinda sobers you up in a hurry, thank god he isnt paralysed but two weeks on still strapped to a hospital bed awaiting a decision on what they are going to do to him.....
hope he gets better soon he has to repaint my stairs and landing its covered in hand and foot marks from his rapid decent....

I only had three weeks notice before my op and couldn't enjoy food at all with the nerves! I really did want to have a curry for started, steak for a main course and rhubarb crumble with custard for pudding!

Lx

My last supper before I started the pre op was a hot curry with all the trimmings. As a bander I no longer eat rice or bread (nor pasta) so made sure I had loads of pilau rice and a cheese and chilli nan, yum.

Now I tend to make my own curries but if I have a takeaway I just share and just stick to curry plus maybe 1 popadom.

Mmm hungry now lol

Back