• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 months post op . . .

Kevin1708

Century Club
Well it is now just shy of 15 months since I was under the knife, I lost my excess weigh well within my own personal target (9 months to lose around 9st) and have been fortunate enough to maintain and have no excess skin . . . I have managed to return to a normal healthy eating pattern and eating out is no problem it is just that the portions are much smaller. I feel much much fitter and if I say so myself look much better and younger. I am now a 44/46 jacket / 16½ shirt and a 34 waist ! I do drink alcohol which I know is frowned on but everything in moderation . . . for those of you new to the RNY, I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is most definitely worth the journey. If anyone does have any question or just want to chat just give me a nudge . . . x

What a lovely, inspirational story. I was banded at 1000 this morning, so looking forward to my journey back to me! Tracey xxx

Well done you, Im almost 3 months post op and dont regret it at all. I think your story is so positive, thanks x

Hi kevin I am approaching my first surgiversary 2o th August and have been wondering n worrying if anything will change, people say our appetites come back with vengance, and it is difficult to control, have heard that they struggle to maintain portion control, hope i will be ok don't want to slip back over when have done so well. Will we have to drink this amount of water forever? x Thanks inadvance for any help you give me xx

That's an amazing journey. Good on you.

Hi kevin I am approaching my first surgiversary 2o th August and have been wondering n worrying if anything will change, people say our appetites come back with vengance, and it is difficult to control, have heard that they struggle to maintain portion control, hope i will be ok don't want to slip back over when have done so well. Will we have to drink this amount of water forever? x Thanks inadvance for any help you give me xx

Hi Hun

You have done incredibly well thus far, please don’t be negative. I think for the vast majority of bypasses who undergo the journey there will be an element of weight gain but once you have reached your goal I would just recommend that you weigh yourself once a week (same day, same time, same scales) and if you have gone up by say more than 1lb you need to review what you have been doing, presumably doing wrong!

There is a web link below which looks at weight gain post op, rather worrying at first glance but interesting nonetheless.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/diet-exchange/forum/845

Take care x

Back