• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

16 months out - new to this board

Karren3112

Hi Folks

I was on this website years ago when I had a Band in Telford, Shropshire (in 2006 - out in 2008). I had lost track of the website when I went to the USA in 2007.

After my band was removed in 2008 I gained all of my weight back - a couple of months after the band was removed we were able to adopt a newborn baby, straight from the hospital - I was super tired all the time, eating badly and I had a complete lack of discipline.

Then (still in the USA) in 2010 I had the opportunity to have Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery. My start weight was 340lbs / 24 stone exactly. To date I have lost 136lbs and am 4lbs away from 10 stone lost. I have gone from a size 32 to a size 18 currently. My interim goal is 12 stone / size 14.

Things have really slowed down and some bad habits (eating carbs) has slipped in, but I am really focussed on keeping this weight off and staying on track, so every day is a bit of a struggle.

I would welcome any advice and look forward to getting to know you all better! (I am still getting to grips with the layout of the website too)

Welcome hun n congrats on the weight loss so far x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello welcome back, and well done on the great loss so far hun I'm pre op so can't give much advise but just wanted to say hello xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I was on this website years ago when I had a Band in Telford, Shropshire (in 2006 - out in 2008). I had lost track of the website when I went to the USA in 2007.

Welcome back. Great to see that you have got to grips with a lot of the site already, particulary setting up your profile with all your info !!!

A new member who is a "Post-Opper" and "Century Club" and past "1st Surgiversary" already, with all your stats and badges down the left hand side -- I like! :D :D :D

Hey Karren, welcome back :) congrats on your weightloss, keep going mate, not much more :) xxx

Hi Karen welcome back... there is a great bunch of people on here who can offer there support.. you have done so well... well done xx

Back