• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New year, new weight..excited!!

Hi Christinemarie. I guess part of it is the band experience. But after ready a lot of the threads on hear about the sleeve. I am very hopeful. I am nervous about the op and the recovery and hoping that I lose a lot more weight that I did the band, which costs me 2 stone down and 6k in money lol!. From reading a lot of the threads on here, Im guessing the sleeve is a lot more successful than the band.
I'm pleased that you are so positive after a crappy experience Donna66. I paid for my gastric band in the Czech Republic but I'm so pleased there is funding through the NHS now because I certainly wouldn't be able to pay all over again. Hopefully we will be able to keep in contact as we will be so close in operation dates x

Most definitely keep in touch. Where in Czech did you have your band? I guess I could've gone through the nhs here but reckoned it would take ages and I was so desperate for the sleeve, I opted to pay myself only via going abroad. Hence, why i'm off to Czech to have it done.

How you feeling now you have had it done? I started my pre op diet today....Slimfast. Im already hank marving lol and its only 2.30pm lol

Hi Christine im 5 wks bypass. Welcome to a great site . Best thing ive done i have lost 2 and half stone since pre op start . All the best with your surgery hun you will be fine. There are a lot of us on here with diaries just do some reading you will see we all have different experiences! Best wishes xx

Good on you Donna,
It is a long process in the uk. I was under Dr Cierny, in Brno, Czech Republic. He was lovely and I have only read excellent things about him. I was told that what I paid got me into the Czech 'health system' one day I had loads of tests and the next the operation. The hospital was clean and comfortable. The staff were so nice, and happy in their profession wich I'm sad to say a lot of nurses here are not. Anyways that is enough of me going on abouts my experience, I wish you lots of luck donna66 x

Just incase some of the users felt that I was unappreciative of the kind things that they have been saying directly to me I apologise, I have only just found the thank option xx

Hi Christinemarie,
I'm from Hartlepool, had my bypass at Sunderland on 1st November and lost 2 stone so far since op, just short of 4 stone in total :)
There are a few of us on here from around the area, some having surgery at North tees, James Cook or sunderland. We've arranged a couple of get togethers which is nice to be able to discuss all this stuff :)
Good luck with your surgery, hope all goes well and you have a good recovery x
Hi Su2ie, I'm originally from Hartlepool but live in Dishforth now as we're Army. I've been referred to James cook and I was wondering how long from referral to op and what the process is, I should of asked all these questions when tier 3 consultant said he was referring me but I was just so happy to hear "yes" that my mind went blank.

Back