• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days post op

Yoyo-nomore

Hello all, I'm just out of hospital 2 days post op (had bypass).

Still unsure if I made the right decision, I guess only time will tell. I have 2 small children who I am trying to persuade not to bounce all over me..but it's fab to me home. Back to work Monday.

Keen to share and learn from this forum.

:)

Back to work Monday? Blimey that's a bit fast! Are you feeling well enough for that?

Which hospital/surgeon were you under?

I'm 9 months out now and it's the best thing I ever did :)

Hi, i had a bypass on tues evening too, so know how u feel.
Ive also got a 3yr olf son that im trying to keep as far away as possible.
I dont work, but if i did theres no way i could physically go back to work on monday. I can hardly walk at the moment for the pain.

Have you got pain or have you been ok?

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck on your journey x

Hi ... great to hear from you

Op was Wed morning, and feel a bit tender and cautious about overdoing it, but pain is minimal. Feel like I've been kicked in tummy but that's about it. Came home this morning...Have to go back to work as am keeping it secret, but I have a desk job so apart from the hour commute (walk and train and walk) it should be feasible. Far harder to keep two toddler boys at bay or at least not kneeing me every 2 mins.

I'm so glad to be home. I was at the London Independent under Dr Reddy Mannur.

Shelbel - It's really reassuring to hear your experience is positive 9 months out... I was very weepy just before the op and I still feel wobbly that I couldn't do it via diet and exercise... ah well... here we go!!

Fedup - - great to know someone else who's on the same journey at the same time. Hope your pain improves and I'll be thinking of you.

The very best for a speedy recovery Yo-Yo. If you find you can't cope on Monday please use the magic of lying rather than stress yourself at this time. x

Time to sip, walk and rest. Try and take it easy but definitely get those fluids in.

Best of luck.

Good luck for Monday, I hope you manage ok :) If need be your GP should be able to sign you off with something vague like abdominal surgery or post-operative recovery. My HR dept didn't know what procedure I'd had done, just that it was surgery.

Its natural to get a bit emotional around the op. You might get anaesthetic blues as well, and find yourself weepy a few days post op. As you settle back into a routine and get your head around eating it gets much easier.

Now, I can eat anything except chips (not a bad things lol), my BMI is normal, and I am a size 12 :)

hi im 2 weeks post opkeyhole bypass, last week i felt great and thought i could get back to work but this week the tiredness has hit me, no way would i go back to work so soon, im guessing it's the lack of vits and minerals, just started taking the supplements now so hopefully the tiredness will go. hope this helps

Fedup,

my bypass is a secret too, work thinks that i'm havng my gall bladder out. I know from when i had the band that the tiredness alone and total feeling of depletion prevented me from walking up the street never mind an hours commute, a day at work then looking after kids...phew! I couldnt sit at my desk for a full day, after 6 weeks post op.

What about insurance at work, I'm sure work would refuse to have you in the buidling if they knew you had had surgery.

Good luck to you, but remember the early days are very important healing days and can be very difficult, physically as well as emotionally. However I have heard of people just bouncing back from surgery as if they never had it, hope thats you. I'l be thinking of you.x

:welcome2:Yo Yo I'm sorry to hear you have to go back to work on monday. That really does sound a little early to me so if you HAVE to please take it easy as even the slightest knock could put your recovery back. Take care and:welcome2:

Back