• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG 2 days to go

clairelou

I have 2 more days to go on the pre op diet...i just jumped on the dreaded scales & OMG 18 lb down....if that hasn`t shrunk my liver nothing will
icon_smile.gif

I just wanted to give some encouragement to those people doing their pre op at the moment to say persevere...it does work!! Despite a chicken nugget insident :sigh:

On a bad note having been so excited until now i got an extreme case of wobbles last nite. I went to bed & my mind started ticking. i suddenly got so scared about what i`m doing i could barely breathe. Definatley couldn`t sleep. Am i being totally selfish in having this surgery when i have a 2 year old who totally depends on me. Is feeling this way normal or am i really doing the wrong thing?
icon_confused.gif

Hi Claire

I full understand what you are saying and your feelings are normal.... my son is 8 and only has my husband and me and at times i felt extremely selfish... but on the other side you have to look at it as if you don't do it now you may get bigger and what use will you be to your son then!!!!!(sorry if blunt)

You are bound to have these feelings!!!! the night before my op i threw a wobbler and unpacked everything and cried and refused to have it... but it is nerves would be more worried if you didnt feel like this!!!!!

Won't be long and you will be on the losing side..... and you will be relieved you had it!!!!
Chin up.....xxxxxxxxxxx thinking of you

Thanx Mandy...ur not being blunt at all...being here & healthy for my son is one of the things that spurred me down this route anyway.

I think its the fact that i`m the only constant in his life, being a single parent, that makes me worry about not making it thru the op. Realistically i know that i`m being silly & the risks are minimal, in the cold light of day but it just seemed so real last nite on my own in the dark.

Thanx for the support, it is good to know that there is always someone here to listen & know i`m not alone

Claire, why were you having wobbles on your own? Thats what we're all here for! Next time, pick up the phone please. Atleast send a text :) It will make you feel so much better.

No you're not being selfish, you are being proactive. You have an illness, one that affects your quality of life (and therefore that of your son) and one that will eventually kill you. If you had appendicitus you wouldn't think twice about having the surgery to remove it, so what's the difference now? You know the odds of anything happening to you are very slim, and on a par with most other surgeries, so stick that right in the front of your mind.

When you've had the surgery, and lost your weight, think how much more you'll be able to do with AJ. Swimming without being self conscious, running around the park, integrating with other mums more without feeling self conscious. Plus, you'll be demonstrating good eating habits for him, which will prevent him from having a weight problem as he gets older. He won't get the eeeeeh your mums fat in the playground (trust me it happens) and as he gets older you'll be a MILF!

You're giving yourself the chance to watch him get married, baby sit for the grandkids, and maybe even the great grand kids. How is that selfish?

Rant over :D

Thanx Shell...i could hardly ring or text at 2 in the morning:) You needed some sleep

As for being a MILF lol...don`t think i`d ever be one but you made me laugh hehe

Thanx Mandy...ur not being blunt at all...being here & healthy for my son is one of the things that spurred me down this route anyway.

I think its the fact that i`m the only constant in his life, being a single parent, that makes me worry about not making it thru the op. Realistically i know that i`m being silly & the risks are minimal, in the cold light of day but it just seemed so real last nite on my own in the dark.

Thanx for the support, it is good to know that there is always someone here to listen & know i`m not alone

Your never alone with minimins!!!!!!!

Like i said i would be worried if you werent thinking like that, it is expected!!!!!!!!

sending you happy thoughts

Well done on ur weight loss which pre op were u doing. I am sure when i am 2 days away from surgery i would be feeling exactly the same way as u especaially being a mum.
Am sure at 2 am there are still loads of peeps still online here think we have a big night owl community lol so if u r feeling like this tonight then come online for a chat.
Take care luv Roch xx

Thanx Shell...i could hardly ring or text at 2 in the morning:) You needed some sleep

You can text anytime! I may not answer straight away mind. Isn't there a late night sofa thread somewhere on Mini's too for people up late, you could have gone in there and talked to some people. If it happens again tonight then please shout, you need to get some rest and sometimes just someone saying you don't need to worry can be enough to get you off to sleep atleast.

by the way, now I've finished ranting, well done on the 18lbs! Its great that you've got under that 100lbs to go mark, that must be a huge mental boost :D

Clairelou,

I think you're doing the right thing and I think your reservations are totally normal....I would have loved to have a GB to 'cure' me but I was just too nervous....I have a son with severe Autism and other Special Needs and just couldn't bring myself to do it.....I would have to leave my boy ( and daughter) for several days to go into hospital and that would disrupt him and upset and confuse him...you can explain to your son why you are doing this (I know he's only two, but you can say your poorly and the hospital is making you better!), my boy wouldn't have a clue, just mass confusion! (Hence me LT'ing!)

I am also going to be newly single within the next few days and I totally get where you're coming from in the need to be healthy and here for the forseeable future for your boy....I think you're very brave and doing this is going to give you a great, fulfilled future together!

I hope you have a speedy recovery and great losses, here's to you!:happy096:

Lisa xx

Hope you have had a better day today Claire, and are feeling a bit more positive. x If you have another wobble, get yourself on here again, you know there are so many of us here who truly understand and can help you through:)

yeah...i`m feeling alot more positive today tx...all the responses & people saying its normal to have the wobbles have made me feel much better...hoping for a good nites sleep tonite

but if iget in a stew i know where to come :)

thanx again everyone xx

tooooooomorrow! toooomorrow! I loves ya! tooooomorrow! your only a daaaaaaaay aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

:D

OMG claire its tomorrowwww!!! Am so ridiculously excited for you!

is that another pound claire? thats fantastic! gone foreverrrr!

Thanx for good luck...need all i can get lol

I give everyone the low down once i`m back of course!! :)

Back