• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 month on the list xxxx

christine1957

Well it 2 month on the waiting list now was told when i got camra down it would be 6 month wait :D so excited. does anyone no if its a callender month or 26 weeks not nit picking like lol :eek:. I am manageing to keep weight stable give or take a pound. As was told if i put weight on at the pre opp app i would be refused the opp and start again :sigh: so im on track. im having a bypass at sunderland royal. Im trying not to think about the opp date so time will go quicker its not working :rolleyes: lol anyone had the bypass in the last 2 month just would like to no how they feel now and how did you feel after the opp please thank you all in advance lol x

christine1957 said:
Well it 2 month on the waiting list now was told when i got camra down it would be 6 month wait :D so excited. does anyone no if its a callender month or 26 weeks not nit picking like lol :eek:. I am manageing to keep weight stable give or take a pound. As was told if i put weight on at the pre opp app i would be refused the opp and start again :sigh: so im on track. im having a bypass at sunderland royal. Im trying not to think about the opp date so time will go quicker its not working :rolleyes: lol anyone had the bypass in the last 2 month just would like to no how they feel now and how did you feel after the opp please thank you all in advance lol x

Hello christine, im also on the waiting list for a bypass at sunderland with mr small, had my endoscopy may 30th, was just told to expect a six month wait, any info you could get would be great, im hoping to be done and dusted before christmas and on the road to recovery, hes hoping we will get our dates soon, the waiting is torture! Take care x

They say 6 month wait to meet government figures, but it's usually less. Mine was a week over 3 months when I got a cancellation slot. I turned mine down, and went on to have the sleeve 5 weeks ago by Mr. Small, and I'm doing fab.
Mr. Small has recently started a weekend list for low risk patients, in order to further reduce waiting times, so you never know......
Just to add, the staff at SRH are brilliant. There's no judging, making you feel crap or anything. Some staff I met were encouraging me by talking about what I'll be able to wear ar Christmas, and Mr. Small spent quite a while chatting to me about my children, just before I went for my anaesthetic.
You're definately in good hands!

Count yourselves lucky. I've been waiting 10 months already. It will be over a year until I'm seen. Waiting lists and targets mean nothing to consultants. They make more money doing private work.

I ended up having my op a week early as they'd just started the saturday short notice appointments for low risk patients but the original date I was offered was exactly 6 months to the day since my endo. The time will go by so quickly!

I had a sleeve so can't advise on a bypass but I've never felt better - a few days of mild discomfort post-op, I struggled a little with the puree stage as I just found it so boring but have been great since on soft food. I've been losing almost 1 stone per month and I'm nearly half way now so fingers crossed I shouldn't be too far from my goal weight by new year x

thank you all evert little bit of info is a help. i am under mr balupuri he was very nice when i seen him it was him who advised a bypass for me instead of a sleeve. im just trying not to think about it its not working lol xx

Count yourselves lucky. I've been waiting 10 months already. It will be over a year until I'm seen. Waiting lists and targets mean nothing to consultants. They make more money doing private work.

i have been waiting over 18 month to get on the list but i got there .

Hello christine, im also on the waiting list for a bypass at sunderland with mr small, had my endoscopy may 30th, was just told to expect a six month wait, any info you could get would be great, im hoping to be done and dusted before christmas and on the road to recovery, hes hoping we will get our dates soon, the waiting is torture! Take care x

i went on the 21st june for my endoscopy so will prob be christmas week for me knowing my luck lol im not botherd so long i get the opp xx take care and do let me no when you get your date xx

Back