• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

on the waiting list

christine1957

i had the camra down on the 21st june, was told im on the list for bypass, anyone for no how long after been put on the waiting list till opp date and when do you get the pre assement :D

I was put on the waiting list 10 days ago and had my pre op last monday my waiting list is about 8 weeks but will be different everywhere xxx where are you from xxx

christine1957 said:
sunderland i think ours is around 5 to 6 month wish i could sleep for 5 month lol x

Know exactly how you feel. Had my endoscopy may 22nd and mr balapuri said everything was ok and would go on waiting list but heard nothing yet and had no letter or anything. I rang and they said waiting list was six months for a sleeve which I'm having. It is killing me waiting already! I don't know how much notice you get or anything do you? I just wish could have it now!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Congratulations on getting on the list!

I had my opp on 16th June but was originally booked in to have it on the 22nd June which would have been 6 months to the day since I had my endo. It feels like such a long time but it really does go fast.

You usually get about 3-4 weeks notice of your surgery date and your pre-op is about a week before. You'll get a phone call offering you a date and the letter will follow x

Thanks newcy.

Did you get a follow up letter after your endoscopy or were you just told there and then?

It is a killer waiting! I know it passes quickly and it'll be here in no time but I'm just so ready for it!

How are you feeling post op?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I got a letter confirming that I'd had the endo but was told on the day that I was on the list. Then I got a phone call offering me a date and a couple of weeks later they called again to offer me a new date a week earlier than expected.

However, I did ring the secretary about once a month to see how long it would be but I have to admit that was a mistake. Initially the waiting time was 6 months but then it went down to 3-4 months so I kept expecting a call which never came as it went back up to 6 months again.

It's easier said than done but I'd try not to think about it. Call the secretary to make sure she has your mobile number etc and leave it there - your time will come before you know it. You'll probably be eating pureed Christmas dinner x

Back