• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op gastric bypass

sarah sculley

Hi all just wanted to know on average how much people lose a week it been 2 weeks since op and I've lost 16 pound but I don't think I'm eating enough wot type ov things are people eating (your daily diet ?) thanks sarah

Sarah,should you be eating @ 2weeks post -op?what does your intake consist of,perhaps if you posted what you are drinking & eating ,experienced pre-oppers could comment & I could also learn as I'm 4 weeks off surgery!!!

All I'm eating is soup and it's only a couple ov spoonfuls I'm drinking fine but I just feel like I should b eating a little more??? Help???

Hi, I am six weeks post bypass and I think you are doing just fine!! I have now lost 2st 2lb since op, so you sound like you are on track.
I was the same at around your stage and was worried I was not getting in enough, but you just have to try your best to keep ur fluids up.
Good luck on your weight loss journey. :)

Hi
What soup are you having is it home made or bought and strained? I'm due to have my op in a week and nervous about it all and what to eat etc. well done on your weight loss x

I'm over the moon with weight loss but I just feel im not eating enough? Tinned soups but ones with no lumps I have had some mashed potatoe with gravy and that was ok it mayb cos I'm eating the same things that I feel like this just have to wait and see how it goes thanks for your support x

Do you have hot drinks?if so r u having sweeteners,have you also tried milk,wondered if it was ok perhaps to add the powdered nesquik to flavour the milk,sorry for the questions,but I want to try options so as not to become bored or disillusioned following surgery

Yes I drink hot tea and I have milky coffee (made with milk) and sweetener all them are fine can't drink a full cup yet just half lol when's your op? X

Same here I am due for my opp on a week come Tuesday. And I dont have a clue what to buy in food wise. Any help would be appreciated. And good luck to the ones who are getting there opps next week x

When I came out I lived on yoghurt all types then soup just tomatoe nothing with lumps in good luck to both ov u keepe posted on your success x

Cheers Sarah, oooh I do love tomato soup. I thought I wont be able to have that, because it's high in sugar.

Hi, it seems that advice varies depending where you are. i've just finished six bariatric awareness sessions and am just waiting for my op date and the team in Aberdeen advise clear liquids only for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks of pureed foods, 2 weeks of soft then by week 7 starting to phase in normal textures.

Yeah thats what I got told.

I am just one week post-op and I am living on broth, milk and protein shakes, sometimes cups of tea, watered down orange juice and no added sugar squash. Hope that helps, haven't tried soup yet.

Back