• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post bypass op and hungry

hi everyone

i am nearly 2 weeks post bypass op and 2 weeks into pureed diet and i am starving. i am getting so sick of puree. do people have scrambled egg at this stage and has anyone got any tips? im struggling
thanks
j

Little and often I'd say. I'm sure people will come along and say drink and stuff which is true. However I personally never went too long without eating so that I wouldn't get to the point where I was hungry. I used to have cuppa soups, hot drinks! Anything that isn't going to be too much hard work for your healing insides.

Anna xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thank you. i find myself drinking tea or water when hungry. need to buy some cup soups. im desperate to go to the crisp cupboard but i am resisting. I've asked my hubby to hide them.

thank you. i find myself drinking tea or water when hungry. need to buy some cup soups. im desperate to go to the crisp cupboard but i am resisting. I've asked my hubby to hide them.

Def resist its going to pass, send someone to the shop to get you anything that will help you stop feeling hungry. Soups, otptions - they come in loads of yummy flavours. Also keep drinking water in between which will naturally help keep the hunger at bay

Keep posting and hang in there.

Anna xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I made soups with my blender and they filled me up, I just took whatever the family was having such as roast chicken, veg and gravy and blitzed it up, it tasted heavenly and really filled a hole!!

Hi I am a week out and not feeling full but not hungry either. Having 3-4 blended tablespoons 4 times a day. Worried I am not feeling full! I have quite enjoyed blended cauliflower cheese which is a change from a dinner or casserole blended. I hope that full feeling kicks in! I also have been having blended banana in low fat custard. Lovely!

I'm dreaming of scrambled egg a bit too. Last night though had blended up homemade chicken curry with a smidgen of brown rice and lots of yogurt. Tolerated well and delicious, flavour is definitely the way to liven up the puree stage. Also I think we miss chewing, so a bit of sugar free jelly goes down well. Another thing I like is really thick soup (like condensed soup) with a cheesy triangle melted in it.

:thread_moved: from band to bypass section

Back