• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op gastric bypass

If your advice is puree at this stage, then it might benefit you to thicken up your soups. Or some things like curry, chilli and roast meat and gravy are lovely pureed. I've had a look at my food diary, and at 2 to 3 weeks I was eating chunky soups blended often enriched with cheese. Also weetabix and yogurts. Lots of milky drinks. So it sounds like you are similar. I was eating about 500 - 600 kcals a day then. When you get onto soft and crispy it gets much easier, I was quite down during the puree stage.

Wot was your weight loss at the beginning I lost 11lb first week then 4llb and now 2lb is this about right was did appointed with only 2lb

In my first 3 weeks I lost 6 lbs, 6lbs, then 4lbs. So your 17 lbs is 1lb more. 2 lb is good, when you read around the forum you'll see that a lot of people lose nothing for a couple of weeks at this point. It's just your body adjusting to rapid weight loss. It can be really disappointing when you lose less than you think you should, I've had a couple of weeks when I've lost 1 pound.
But now at 3 months post op, I'm beginning to see the bigger picture, and I'm forcing myself to get out of the crash diet mindset. Everyone is different, and this is about a permanent change in lifestyle.

Hi, it seems that advice varies depending where you are. i've just finished six bariatric awareness sessions and am just waiting for my op date and the team in Aberdeen advise clear liquids only for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks of pureed foods, 2 weeks of soft then by week 7 starting to phase in normal textures.
This is exactly what I have been told both in education & by the surgeon,funny how different surgeons have different diets,you would have thought they would standardized this:sigh:

I'm 3 weeks post op and am eating a puréed diet! Mashed pots with gravy 3-4 tsp, 1 weetabix with lots of milk, any yogurts but mainly WW as they have less sugar, homemade soup, sf jelly, milky coffee or low calorie hot chocolate made with milk and I can eat a mini ice cream! It's very boring and almost depressing really!!!!! I've lost 7 kgs and then stalled last week but think I'm losing again from today!!!!!! This site is great for advice and similarities with us all. Xxxx

I've been stalling myself lately, seems a normal thing. I have started pureed this thing is now like Reddy breck, Chicken soup and will try some cottage pie soon.

Back