• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 year Surgiversary!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Well, this time 2 years ago I was asleep on the operating table at Spire Macclesfield having my Gastric Bypass!

2 years on and my life has changed so much. I am slim :eek: and I have a gorgeous baby boy :eek: I am successfully maintaining my loss and have done so since Charlie was born nearly 8 months ago. I reached a healthy BMI is April 2009, while pregnant, so a quick 9 months for me, and haven't looked back since!

I've gone from a size 24-26 to a size 10-12, my shoe size has gone from a 9 to a 6/7, and my chest has gone from a 42D to a 32DD.

New people I meet now don't ever believe I was once 10 stone heavier, and unless I tell them about the op don't notice anything unusual about my eating habits. People I haven't seen since pre-op walk past me in the street and don't recognise me.

I am more confident, have higher self esteem, and am a happier person. Men flirt with me :eek: and sometimes I flirt back :p

This forum was a lifeline pre-op and during my weight loss. I have made some wonderful friends who I value so much.

I know I don't come on as much as I used to, but I am still around and if anyone is pre-op or newly post op, hopefully my success will show you how amazing WLS can be.

Happy surgiversary Shell...

Seems like you are living a whole new life now, as well as having given birth to a whole new little person...

Congratulations and thank you, your posts were a great help to me when i joined this wonderful group and i'm sure new members going back through the archives will be inspired as i was also xx

What a lovely inspiring positive post! Reading posts like yours Shell are what inspires us pre-oppers to carry on and not give up........Thankyou :D X

:)HAPPY 2nd SURGIVERSARY:)

It's great to read how different your life is 2 years after WLS

Please keep updating us when you can - your diary & photos have certainly inspired me - I recommend pre-ops to take a look

Happy surgiversary Shel.

Your (and Nic's) diarys were (and still are) truly inspirational to me and helped me attain the right mindset for my journey.

Any news of Nic? I so often think of her and hope she is OK.

xx

she's ok JT, just having a few health problems at the moment, and computer screens aren't her best friend right now! she is doing brilliantly with her weight though and looks AMAZING!

thanks all for the kind words, my diary is an epic read though so only start it if you're extremely bored ;)

happy surgiversary and congrats on your fab new life !

what a inspiration you are x

Happy surgiversary. One of your posts was the first thing I read when I joined this site and it got me hooked! You are an inspiration.

tranquil

Congratulations for your sugerversay and thank you for still bothing to come on and help people.

We need people like you to tell us we will be normal in the end..... LOL

Thank you all :)

Oooh I'm late to the party got caught up in work and all I've been thinking all day is it's Shell's 2 years today need to post.

Well done me dear you inspired me, motivated me and supported me and a whole load more people I know.

Here's to 3 years

M

Hey Shel nice to see you posting, well done on turning your life around, a true insperation, well done x

Happy 2nd surgiversary!!! Well done you!!!

I think you are an insiration to many. You have come sooo far and to have a baby as well wow and still get to target, double wow. I'm looking forward to reading your diary, you had ur op where i would be having mine if everything was to go ok with getting funding. You look amazing and must feel it to xxx

Yours was the first diary I read when I joined this forum and your before and after pics were a huge inspiration to me and helped me through the time before my op.

Many congratulations on your second anniversary. xx

Happy surgiversary Shel. As many others have said, you were an inspiration to me too when I was waiting for surgery. You were always there with advice or a kind word when it was needed, and its lovely to hear that you are maintaining easily.

You are missed, but its understandable you dont have the same time to post as you used to now that Charlie is here.

Hope to catch up with you in person some time soon x

Thank you! I'm getting a big head with all these compliments!

Back