• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd WLS ?

BandyEmm

Do the nhs offer a bypass if difficultys with a band and not getting results?

just wondering x

Hi Emma

If the band is faulty then they have a duty of care to put things right but I dont think they would do a revision op unless there was a very good reason x

I saw quite a few people in Sunderland having revision ops whilst I was in. And they didn't necessarily have problems, it was just that the band didn't seem to be working for them. In fact I was the only 'virgin' to WLS when I was in!

Do the nhs offer a bypass if difficultys with a band and not getting results?

just wondering x

hi em i will be going band to bypass on the nhs on nov 5th due to the band being "broken" through no fault of my own, there has to be major reasons for a conversion, they may say you havent reached a proper restriction yet and may need more dietetic advice with being still a reasonably new bander results weight loss wise with a band can be very slow and disheartning, i think they may say it just needs fine tuned and more working with for now because of the time scale that you have been banded, good luck what ever happens xxxx

I have asked for a bypass. I am 16 months post surgery - band. I am the same weight now as I was at surgery. I have a 10ml band and up until last week was up to 9ml.

9ml was too tight in that it cut out a whole load of food groups so you go for bad food choices. Am at 8ml and back in 3 weeks to have another infil.

To be blunt this f****d my head completely. Since surgery I have had a fill every month (apart from the 8 weeks after initial surgery)

Due to start councilling and my case is going in front of a medical review board now for the 2nd time.

Good luck hun, please keep me posted x

I think you should have a full and frank discussion with your consultant and let them know exactly how you feel. If tears flow let them! It needs to be full and frank. They want the surgery to work for you so let them know how you feel. :) xxxx

Back