• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 days post op some advice

bigun

Hi guys it been a yr or so since i posted ive just had a sleeve op wednesday all i was given was a fact sheet what to do in the next six weeks to start im not a great lover of soups so can any help with some food ideas

U could try home made smoothie or milk shakes fortify them with skin milk powder. Or yoy could try milk jelly. Trouble is they are all sweetish If u dont like soup could be a prob Also What about runny redy brek ir weetabix.

Theres another problem im not a lover of milk is crusha ok to use just add some milk powder to the mix im eating the soup but not loving it

Hi bigun

I had my sleeve on Tuesday and am managing puréed food well now. I was on fluids for a day then onto soup for a day, and now purée. I have to be on this for four weeks before the 'soft food stage'
Purée stage can be anything blitzed basically! But focus on protein first. For example I have been buying little ready meals such as cottage pie, fish fie etc and just putting them in the liquidiser with a slug of milk or gravy to loosen them a bit. Doesn't look great, but really tasty and they slip down easily. Much better than having soup day in day out!
Good luck with it.

Hi pooh

I have 2 weeks fulids 2 weeks puree and 2 weeks soft then normal but by week six i should be on egg on slice of toast ill try it early so just add extra bisto gravy to it tidy ta for the help

If your diet says liquid for two weeks then stick with it don't move on to puree early, you really need to let your insides heal without the worry of food getting caught in your stapel lines but Yes you can have no added sugar crusha made with milk and added milk powder.

I had a bypass and drank milk with crusha for most of the two weeks. It was easy and taste ok and I too am not a soup person. My guidelines are the same as yours

Its diffrent for each nhs trust wales is 2 week fulids 2 week puree 2 weeks soft
Thats it no info on portion size how much of each tell me aim for 2 liters fulids aday does the include soups milk water i just dont know

Its diffrent for each nhs trust wales is 2 week fulids 2 week puree 2 weeks soft
Thats it no info on portion size how much of each tell me aim for 2 liters fulids aday does the include soups milk water i just dont know

While your on fluids, purée and soft, food slips through your pouch easily, so there isn't much strain on your internal healing. I wouldn't worry too much about portion size on this stage, just stop when your feeling full. You don't really start feeling restriction until your on solid foods.

Regardless of what you 'eat' always aim for 2 litres of fluids. These include tea, coffee, milk, water, NAS squash etc :)

Hmmm it seems that each area gives different advice, strange seeing as though we've all had the same op. I'm under sunderland and mine is four weeks purée from being out of hospital, then 2-4 weeks soft food. They say weeks 6-8 I can introduce normal food.
But yes, stick to what your hospital says. :)

My team recommends 125ml(about half a cup) but in the beginning I could not drink it all. My guidelines also say stop when you feel full.

I had a bypass but my info sheet is for bypass,sleeve and band patients

I had to drink 1.5 ltrs in first day but im doing 1.5 to 2 ltrs a fay

Oh my bad sorry. I meant 125ml of soup,milk etc at your meal times and yes 2 litres is pretty much the norm for us all :)

Back