• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post op

2ndchance

Hey

I'm 26years old and as long as I can remember I have been overweight. I joined the waiting list in January and as you can read I'm 10 days post op.

After surgery I was in a lot of pain but have come through now and I'm ready for the next stage. Is there any help or advice people can give. I haven't met anybody that has had the sleeve.

I feel so ready to move on to the next part of the diet, slim fasts and soups are boring me!!

Thanks

B x

Hi
I am having my sleeve op on saturday - just 3 days away - I am really interested too!! Thanks for putting out this request - I look forward to the replies!
Susie

I feel so ready to move on to the next part of the diet, slim fasts and soups are boring me!!

Hi 2ndchance .... have to admit I myself did move on from soups and shakes to VERY very very soft food from about day 10 post op, instead of day 14.

I know what it's like (especially if you have done 2 - 4 weeks of pre-op diet which may also have been mainly liquids).

I chose some cottage cheese and a few other *very* soft / mushy foods to start having *in between* the soups on Days 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

Be careful tho -- chew v.v.v. slowly -- and you will be *wayyyyyyyyyyyy* surprised about how little soft food you can eat versus liquid food.

GOOD LUCK !!! :D :D

Every provider's advice seems different - I was on liquids for the first week post-sleeve, then puree for two weeks, so more than just soup and slimfast. I have just started on more solid food but making sure it is all really well chewed, and taking ages to get through small amounts of food. I stuck with the advice given by my surgeon / dietician as I am too worried that things will go wrong if I deviate from their advice

Wow I never guessed how appealing cottage cheese would sound! Thanks I think I will give it a careful try.

Good luck Susie, it is totally worth it :)

Bx

Back