• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve ready for Pureed stage.. what to eat?

cld86

Hi everyone, im 3 weeks post op and next week I can start pureed food. I really don't like the thought of eating pureed meat but wondering what high protien foods I could eat. Or just some general meal Ideas. I love fish and crab! The brown crab meat is quite soft so hoping I can eat this. I also love cheese ext. Can anyone give me some advice. Most people I have met have had a bypass and just need some other sleevers help :) x

I also have a sleeve and start puréed food next week. Don't know the answer to your question but will watch for your answers with great interest.

Hi Cld,

I'm a veggie so didn't have to purée any meat anyway but during purée stage I had custard, puréed baby food etc. Then in soft I had quorn mince, gravy, mash and some cheese. Obv in a very small portion :) also mashed carrot/turnip/sweet potato etc is great!xx

Hi cld how did your op go, I'm having mine with mr Halstead in a few weeks so any info would be good! As for purée I have been looking at white fish, baby food and weetabix! Will see when I get there

Hi Cld, I couldn't stomach the thought of puréed chicken or meat so I stuck with Quorn pieces or Quorn mince, tofu, fish in sauce (the boil/microwave in the bag type), custard, cauliflower or broccoli cheese sauce, ready brek, Weetabix and scrambled eggs.

Thanks all fish in butter sauce sounds amazing!!!! Can't wait! KAR8858 MR Halstead is brilliant. And has a fab reputation. He was brilliant with me and I've not had any problems or issues at all yet x

I don't like the idea of pureed meat either so I had a look and beans and pulses are high in protein so I'm going to make my own dahl and puree that - you can make dahl with either chick peas or lentils and they're so good for you :)

Thanks cld. Fish in parsley sauce is about 100cals a portion and high in protein. Most of them are microwavable too which makes them easy to knock up.
I hadnt thought about custard, thats a good one.

Thanks cld. Fish in parsley sauce is about 100cals a portion and high in protein. Most of them are microwavable too which makes them easy to knock up.
I hadnt thought about custard, thats a good one.

I don't like parsley, but I think I remember being able to eat the butter sauce 1 on slimming world and think it's pretty low calorie too... cant wait to start pureed food now, being on liquid has has been a test... although I don't feel hungry I cook for my husband and 4 children and making them lovely smelly food and only being able to drink a shake has been hard work lol

I cant cook to save my life, my husband cooks his own food mostly, he is good in the kitchen!
Cld can i ask after your sleeve when did you have your next follow up appointment?

Hummus
Low fat pate
Hearty soups - blended up
Cottage Cheese
Fish pie - the microwave ones are good
Danio strained yoghurt - up to 14g of protein per pot!
Scrambled eggs
Scrambled tofu
Mushy peas
Tinned tuna blended with mash
Mashed banana
Low fat custard
The inside of a jacket potato
Baked beans with cheese (chew well)
Cauliflower cheese
Mac 'n cheese
Mince based dishes
Fish cakes
Dairy based fruit smoothies - i.e make your own with banana, yoghurt, protein powder and milk

Watermelon worked well for me at this stage as it kind of breaks up in your mouth so you can have a solid texture but easy to swallow and digest and full of flavour! I'm totally hooked on watermelon...!

Watermelon worked well for me at this stage as it kind of breaks up in your mouth so you can have a solid texture but easy to swallow and digest and full of flavour! I'm totally hooked on watermelon...!

Mmm I never thought of watermelon! It is my favourite fruit love love love! Off to tesco :) x

I was craving watermelon last night! Thankyou

Homemade soups & smoothies are brilliant for getting protein during the puree stage (& after, I am still having them regularly)

Back