• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months Pregnant & 9 months post op!

Pretty primrose

Hi all,

Well it's been a while!! I've successfully lost 6 stone and got my BMI down to 25 with a sleeve, And then BAM! Pregnant- a sure surprise!

I'm hoping there may be some mummy's to be or mummy's who have had a baby so close to surgery and am keen to hear how you got on.
I've read a few things on Google and am petrified of complications to baby's development, not giving it enough nutrients, it being too small, higher risk of c section and so on.

I'm still eating small amounts and often as I have been suffering with sickness and certainly when faced with a proper meal so far. I'm about to go for a doctors app to get all my levels check nutrient wise.

Sorry for such a long post- I'm just worrying!

TIA xx
Charlotte

A

Hi all,

Well it's been a while!! I've successfully lost 6 stone and got my BMI down to 25 with a sleeve, And then BAM! Pregnant- a sure surprise!

I'm hoping there may be some mummy's to be or mummy's who have had a baby so close to surgery and am keen to hear how you got on.
I've read a few things on Google and am petrified of complications to baby's development, not giving it enough nutrients, it being too small, higher risk of c section and so on.

I'm still eating small amounts and often as I have been suffering with sickness and certainly when faced with a proper meal so far. I'm about to go for a doctors app to get all my levels check nutrient wise.

Sorry for such a long post- I'm just worrying!

TIA xx
Charlotte

A
Hi Charlotte
Cant help I'm afraid as pre op but just wanted to say congratulations and good luck! xx

Hi Charlotte Cant help I'm afraid as pre op but just wanted to say congratulations and good luck! xx

Thank you lovely, a super surprise! I've gone from needing fertility help to naturally conceiving - for any of you ladies contemplating the procedure with a family in mind, it's the best decision I ever made! Xx

Hi primrose.

I'm approx 9 weeks pregnant. I have a band which is now empty. My surgery was in May. I'm a student midwife and doing my dissertation on pregnancy following bariatric surgery. If you are eating a balanced diet and taking your supplements then you should be fine on nutrient front. They should test your levels regularly and you may need extra folic acid. As for the other bits the evidence is minimal as little research exists. You are at less risk now than you would have been prior to losing weight. Xx

Awww congratulations!!!!! My surgeon was horrid when I discussed pregnancy (well, ivf treatment) so I can't shed any light but wish you well and all the luck in the world with your little miracle x

Good luck!! Congratulations. Sadly the op and weight loss has had no effect on my fertility :( hope it goes well :) x

Thank you lovely, a super surprise! I've gone from needing fertility help to naturally conceiving - for any of you ladies contemplating the procedure with a family in mind, it's the best decision I ever made! Xx

Brilliant news... im only 2 weeks post op and have so far to go on my journey but one of my long term aims is conceiving.....
Im really happy for you. All the best :)

Back