• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op

Stabs40

Had the op last thursdsy. Its gone well do far. Pain has gone. Not feeling too tied. Drinking plenty.

Eating (?) Low fat sugar free plsin yogurts, soup tomato, sieved cresm of mushroom, consomme, bovil, sugat free jelly, tea and coffee. Esting 3 times a day.

I have a question, yesterday afternoon and today I feel constantly hungry snd empty.

Should I be? Any advise

top_kat

what type of surgery have you had and what do your providers guidelines say as they are what you should be following :)

Stabs40

I have had bypass surgery. The advise was you can consume all of things I have listed. But nothing says how often.

The general rule of any pain high up stop any in take.

I am not rushing the liquid. Using a teaspoon to take the soup and sipping drinks. I will drink a pint of water over 2.5hrs.

I wasn't expecting the hunger. I can live with it until puree on thusday. More concerned the emptiness is usual.

Danielle <3

with the liquids ur pouch emptys quickly, also it could be rumbling wind, I get an empty feeling and burpy when I need something to eat, as much fluid as u can tolerate, I don't get actual hunger but suffered with head hunger. Puree u will feel a bit better and even better still on softs, I promise it does get easier x

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Hi stabs congrats on finally making it to the losers bench :)
I'm much the same as Danielle. Liquids of yoghurt thickness just don't sit in my pouch for any length of time. They pass through very quickly lots of gurgling too :eek:. I had to make sure I was having something every two hours. Lattes were my saviour at this stage and I throw a small square of Philadelphia cheese into my soups for a protein kick. It's not everybodies favourite but thinned down chowders where great for keeping that empty feeling at bay and are protein packed. X