• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Pre-Pre-Op Diet

Tobi

I could feel my trousers getting tighter and tighter recently but blamed it all on my never ending PMS and bloating, thanks to my PCOS. Finally plucked up the courage and I weighed myself this morning... OUCH!

After the horrific moment of finding out that I did not at all maintain the 2.5 stones I lost earlier this year but put on 3 stones instead, I decided to go on a "pre pre op diet" with immediate start - today being Monday is a sad coincidence :)

Since the beginning of this year I did manage to make a habit of drinking diet fizzy drinks etc, alcohol intake minimum and limited to special occasions, no sugar in my tea or coffee with a small amount of skimmed milk, fat free yogurts, diet desserts so I'll just carry on with that.

As starting a diet today wasn't planned, I will have to do the best I can and make low fat, low carb food choices and plan a bit better for tomorrow.
I will know what to do better once I have my consultation with my surgeon which I cannot book for the following few weeks due to work commitments but this doesn't mean I can't start dieting on my own meantime. I want to lower my BMI to 40s before my consultation to be in the lower risk group and I need to do that ASAP.

So here we go...

Breakfast:
Special K Red Berries with skimmed milk - 300 calories
(It was a large-ish bowl and since I'm at work, I couldn't weigh it. Just to be on the safe side, I'll double the calories of a regular serving of 45 grams of cereal and say this breakfast is 300kcal.)

Mid-morning snack:
Sunbites Cheddar and Caramelised Onion - 120 calories

Lunch:
Salad - 30 calories
1 cal caesar salad dressing, 15 sprays - 15 calories
1% fat roasted turkey breast chunks - 200 calories
Lunch total 245 calories

Afternoon snack:
Pineapple slices - 80 calories

Late Afternoon snack:
Muller Light fat free yogurt - 97 calories

Dinner:
Sainsbury's be good to yourself tomato & basil chicken - 372 calories

Dessert:
I'll have another Muller Light later so that's another 97 calories

Total calories today: 1311 kcal

I was hoping I would stay around 1200 calories but starting unprepared, it's not so bad. Plus everything I had was either fat free or low fat etc.

Fingers crossed it won't be too bad this time as I'm working towards a goal which will help me lose more and make it easier!

Tobi x

This week I'm super busy at work so I really don't feel like counting calories/quantities and just want to keep it simple - I will do the attack phase of Dukan diet and cut all carbs and eat purely protein (and 1.5 tbsp of oatbran) for a kick start.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs with some smoked salmon and cottage cheese (it was much more filling than cereal so I didn't need a mid morning snack)

Lunch:
Chicken breast pieces and fat free Greek yogurt

I just had lunch and feel really full up - good so far! X

I had extra lean turkey meatballs for dinner last night with some more yogurt.

Happy morning, lost 2 pounds already :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

U are doing well. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Bellydancer :)

Another good day but I think that's 100% to do with being mad busy at work and super tired in the evenings... Work related stress is good for one thing for a change!

Day 3:

Breakfast:
Pot of fat-free vanilla yogurt with 1.5 tbsp oat bran mixed in

Lunch:
Chicken breast with total 0% greek yogurt and mustard

Late afternoon:
Kind prawns with a tiny bit of extra light mayo

Dinner:
Lean lamb steak with gherkins
Another pot of fat-free yogurt

The reason why this is working for me so far is that I absolutely love yogurt and meat... But whenever I do this diet, I miss fruit and carbs too much and cannot resist the urge to stuff my face with cake in the end.

My goal is to carry on until the weekend, 5 days will hopefully help with a kick start and take it easy on Saturday (girls day out with my friends) and start 1 day pure protein / 1 day protein and vegetables cycle starting with pure proteins on Sunday.

By the time I get sick and tired of this, I will have had my consultation and I'll do my very very best not to give up until then.

That's why I'm keeping this diary, because I know that the minute I stop noting down what I eat and the weight loss, I'll start eating anything in sight!

Tobi x

Yesterday was a good day too although I ate at funny intervals due to back to back meetings at work all day. I had breakfast at 7:30 (way too early for me), lunch at 4pm with no snacks in between and dinner at 9pm :(

Breakfast:
Omelet with cottage cheese

Lunch:
Beef slices with mustard

Dinner:
Fish pie made with fish steamed in skimmed milk, topped with a oat bran crust. It turned out surprisingly good!

Snacks:
2 Fat free yogurts (surprise surprise, what else lol)

Starting Day 5 with a toasted oatbran cereal, completely convinced now there are worse textures in food than ryvita :p

But I'm hopeful for the future, having lost 4 pounds in 4 days! :) :) :)

Well done. Good loss & healthy diet approach.

Friday was day 5 and it was hard :sigh:

I worked from home and that meant I had access to an empty fridge which I felt the need to open and stare every now and then and close the door in frustration as there's nothing in there that excited me...

I felt the need to eat something exciting all day, although I wasn't hungry at all.

Give me 5 minutes on my own with nothing else to think about, I start dreaming about food :(

Breakfast:
Toasted oatbran cereal wannabe with splenda and skimmed milk

Snack:
Wafer thin turkey ham slices

Lunch:
Roasted turkey chunks with total 0% fat yogurt and gherkins

Snack:
Banana and custard Muller Light yogurt

Dinner:
Sirloin steak (with fatty bits taken out) and mustard

Guilty confession:
Licked finger dipped in Philadelphia full fat... twice
A chunk of 80% dark chocolate, eeeek!

Day 6 was my day off diet on saturday (yesterday) but to my delight I saw that I lost another pound in the morning, whoop whoop!

I went out with the girls and it was good fun... with a slice of cake and potato salad and some more :eek: I'll try not to make this a huge deal as I did allow myself to do it.

Today, Sunday, is back to high protein low carb diet and similar to Dukan diet, I'll start alternating pure protein days with protein + vegetable days.

This will be my pure protein day... I'm writing this while eating my breakfast and I have lunch and dinner planned with food that hubby requested ;)

Breakfast:
Omelet with salmon

Lunch:
Lean lamb steak

Dinner:
Stir fried chicken with soy sauce

Snacks:
A couple of pots of fat-free yogurt

Didn't have any time to keep the diary this week so far but I have been good. I've been alternating pure protein days with protein and veg days, still everything low fat.

Getting pretty sick of lots of protein with no carbs but I'll carry on for this week and hope to burn some fat as my weight loss stopped since friday :mad:

A tall with weight loss is common. Try excercise & keep you fluid intake up at 2 litres per day.

I walk half an hour a day, I know it's pathetic but that's the best I can do for the time being. Also struggling with drinking water, I'll try to put a bottle on my desk and sip throughout the day.

I did lose 1 more pound though, yay. Not as much as I wanted to but better than nothing!

I couldn't stick to the protein yesterday either, I had a pear in the end and I just don't understand why I'm feeling so guilty for eating a fruit, bleh...

So far in almost 2 weeks, I managed to lower my BMI by 1 though. I wish I've done better but I will not complain!

Tobi x

Still doing wel though. Have a great weekend.

Back