• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks post bypass and feeling a bit low

sassyp81

Six Month Post Op
Hi all just my time to rant! I am feeling rubbish today, haven't been able to drink without pain and just feeling down about it all.
Im sure its all normal, I know its a major thing but Im still unsure how Im supposed to fit in 5 meals a day, each that takes an hour to eat and also a huge amount of fluid but not half an hour either side of eating plus all my meds and do everything else I need to do in a day, including resting whilst keeping my 2 year old amused!
I havent opened my bowels for 9 days and have had a persistent urine infection since the surgery.
I guess Im just feeling sorry for myself but I am concerned that I cant even drink today. I rang the out of hours dr and they just said to take more antacid (lansaprazole) and I may need to go to hospital tomorrow, which to them may make sense but come 8am my husband goes to work, my 2 neices under 3 get dropped off and the day has to continue. Its not until the evening that I get time to sit down and think about me! And then the dr and hospital dont want to know, nevermind the fact that they have no idea what they are dealing with here, Im 2 and half hours from where I had my surgery and the local hospital is notoriously awful but they also have no idea what they are dealing with and try to give me tablets and sandwhiches!
AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH I just want my stomach back!

Sorry feel better now xxxxx:wave_cry:

sorry as a bander I cant offer any advice but just wanted to send you a hug

(((((Sassy))))))

I also had a prob opening my bowels then I found BENEFIBRE thanx to people on here and have gone everyday sometimes twice a day. My none bowel movement was the cause of all my pains shoulder back and stomach I thought my staples were coming undone. I also had a urine infection which was sorted with liquid antibiotics. I thought I would never get there but 13 weeks later apart from not eating much I dont no I have had it done

Keep your chin up and I hope you get it all sorted soon

Okay let's break this down -

Hi all just my time to rant! I am feeling rubbish today, haven't been able to drink without pain and just feeling down about it all.

Of course you are tired and feel rotten, it has only been four weeks. Everyone is different and heals at different speeds. You will have these kinds of days early on, (((big hug)))! It gets better I swear!

Im sure its all normal, I know its a major thing but Im still unsure how Im supposed to fit in 5 meals a day, each that takes an hour to eat and also a huge amount of fluid but not half an hour either side of eating plus all my meds and do everything else I need to do in a day, including resting whilst keeping my 2 year old amused!

First of all where are you in the food stages, puree, soft? If you are taking an hour to eat at these stages you are trying to eat too much. Early days you may find only 3-4 tablespoons is a meal. And you can have soup and such which should go down pretty easy if 'food' is a struggle.

I havent opened my bowels for 9 days and have had a persistent urine infection since the surgery.

Hun, that is 2 very, very good reasons not to feel well. You need to sort your bowels or you will continue to feel icky. Here is a link to a thread with lots of different advice:

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/83605-arrrrrgh-still-constipated.html

Are you taking anything for the urine infection? You really can't let that go or you could wind up with a hospital stay!

I guess Im just feeling sorry for myself but I am concerned that I cant even drink today. I rang the out of hours dr and they just said to take more antacid (lansaprazole) and I may need to go to hospital tomorrow, which to them may make sense but come 8am my husband goes to work, my 2 neices under 3 get dropped off and the day has to continue.

Are you talking to your surgery team? Maybe they can call your local gp or hospital and consult about your care?

Its not until the evening that I get time to sit down and think about me!

Also another reason you may be feeling so bad, you are probably so tired and considering that you aren't even healed properly. Can you get some help from family or friends? Even an hour to put
your feet up can mean the world sometimes.

The doctor and hospital dont want to know, nevermind the fact that they have no idea what they are dealing with here, Im 2 and half hours from where I had my surgery and the local hospital is notoriously awful but they also have no idea what they are dealing with and try to give me tablets and sandwhiches!
AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH I just want my stomach back!

Oh hun, I am sorry that you are going through all this. Please PM me if you want to chat.

Sorry feel better now xxxxx:wave_cry:[/quote]

Nic:p

Oh chick sending you lots of (((((hugs)))))).....sorry your feeling crap it will change one day and get so much easier for you....you feel free to come on here and moan or rant whenever you want that is what it is here for.....xx

ok not going to repeat everything thats already been said, but eating for an hour???? i have been told i should eat everything withing 20-30 mins and this would help you have more time for drinking

Hi just an update to say that yesterday I got home from hospital, had to go back to Taunton on Tuesday and got admitted and then they operated Thursday morning, I had adhesions restricting my bowel and a large hernia. mood
So Im home again and starting recovery from day 1, although my diet is puree which is good but cant drive/bath and now have 7 wounds!
Not feeling too bad, sore, but the sunshine is helping lift my mood today!
Thanks for all your support guys xxxxx

So glad you are home again and resting. It is a shame that you have had such a hard time. I am really glad to hear that your team sorted you out and so quickly.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and no more problems.

((((Big Hugs)))

Nic:D

Hi sassy glad your safe and well and take it easy. 3 little ones under 3 to look after is a strenouise job and even though they may not be heavy picking them up and changing them puts strain on your scars. Unfortunatly you are going to have to tell yr family that you need time to healproperly befor you resume your role as aunt, mumand child minder. once yr healed you will be the best one ever as the weight comes off but in the meantime take it really easy.
hugs
carole

Hi sassy glad to hear your medical team have sorted you out, and now you can heal as you are meant to. Take it easy, get the family involved in looking after the little ones to give you time to rest and recover, your going to be very exhausted having had two major ops so close together. And Gandparents always love looking after the little ones for periods of time.

Oh Gosh... sorry to hear you have had to have another stay in hospital hun. Hopefully now you can start your recovery properly and start to feel well.

Agree with others though. Don't take on too much. Its lovely that you are there to help out with your nieces, but I think you should let them know that you need some time to recover first.

Back