• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days post op - feel like crap

Fat Again

Is it normal to feel really crappy after surgery ?

The pain has eased and its just a niggle, but now Im experiencing light headedness, nausea, dizzeness and feeling quite faint. I have no energy and am finding dealing with my little boy really hard work.

Im sick of soup and milkshakes and am even having trouble drinking water.

Im feeling very down and sorry for myself.

And to top it off I ain't losing any weight.

Im beginning to wonder if this was worth it, have I just spunked £9000.00 down the drain.

(Sorry for the offensive word there !)

Now repeat after me, IT WILL GET BETTER. Because it will. You will be losing weight, did you weigh yourself after surgery because we put on loads of weight during the op, and afterwards, as they put loads of fluids into us.

As for the weakness, I totally empathise. Have you got anyone who can help you with your little boy until you get your mojo back?

I found it easier to put my squash/water/whatever into a bottle that I kept with me all the time and just sipped away throughout the day.

Try and rest as much as possible, this was major surgery and it takes a lot to get over it. Take care.

Your not on your own huni I felt very low about 9 days after Im now 4 weeks post op and doin loads better just hang in there I promise it will get better.

Around the 9 days mark I tried perfectly clear instead of plain water it made a massive difference.

Also regarding your tiredness make sure your drinking at least a litre and half. I know its hard I found it really hard and still find it had but all i can say is sip sip sip.

Also try cups of tea or coffee if you liked sugar before try sweetners. I find thats an easy 250mls to get in and it makes change from water.

I know soup is boring but hang in there you will soon be feeling better and more lively.

SERIOUSLY HANG IN THERE YOU WILL GET BETTER EVERYDAY.

Hi FA, I know exactly how you are feeling hun, it was only last week I felt just the same! It took me a bit longer than some others to be feeling anywhere near normal again after surgery, at 9days I was still feeling sick, dizzy...infact all the things you mentioned! I increased my fluids and also tried to include a bit of nutrition where I could and it really did make a difference. Also, I started taking my iron pills around this time so I don't know if that helped too.

When you feel like that it is totally normal to wonder what the heck you've put yourself through and you begin to question whether it was really worth it. But I promise you it will get better and it won't take forever; I'm now a week on from that and feel totally different! :D

Chin up hun and put those pesky scales away!

Cuppa xx

You will be fine and you will lose weight - you have to cause of what they have done. Only weigh yourself once a week. Remember you have had major surgery and it takes time to recover from this - dont expect to be able to climb Everest before you can walk to the shops!

Of course feeling like that is normal! You have had a major operation, stick with it and as everyone else has said, it will get better :) xxx

It does take time FA just be patient and once those pounds start falling away you will be saying 'thats the best 9k ive ever spent'!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me :)

I haven't had the surgery yet but I am sure you will start to feel better soon. When I had my gall bladder removed it took me a while to recover and my gp said to me even though you have had the surgery keyhole and it doesn't look much on the outside, inside it is exactly the same surgery as if you had been fully cut open and it takes time to recover from that. Take care and get some rest and drink drink drink.

Back