• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks out and weekend away

clar01

Hi guys

This weekend I will be 5 weeks post op and we are going away for the night to Blackpool to show our little one the lights.
Panicked suddenly set in! What am I going to eat? Any suggestions? I can't tolerate milk or protein water!

I had soup when I went out early on after my op. yogurt for brekkie but this is milk based so no good for you. Puréed or mashed fruit, mashed banana with some peanut butter for brekkie or lunch. I would take some high protein powdered soups just in case. You can always ask for hot water & offer to pay a contribution if you explain your predicament. A small amount of soft cheese, laughing cow cheese triangles are a handy handbag size for some protein. Fruit based smoothies but watch sugar content. Mushy peas but no fish & chips LOL. Just a few ideas. Have a great time.

You don't say where you're staying, is it self catering or a Neither should be a problem, most places have cereal and fruit and including bananas. Not sure if you can have yogurt but thats always a winner for breakfast.

Take some crackers and cheese triangles or cheese strings or babybels etc. for snacks. I take it being 5 weeks you introducing soft foods so you should be ok with Jacket potatoes (no skin) with cheese and beans, in fact most fillings except coleslaw are probably ok if you mash them well. Soup, pate and melba toast, poached salmon mashed with some sauce and potato and veg, (mash with your fork) shepherds pie, chilli, moussaka. The inside of battered fish, a chip and peas mashed up with some sauce. You should be able to find loads of things that you can eat wherever you go. Don't forget to take your bottle of water out with you and drink plenty. Hope that helps, have a good time.

Kate x

Back