• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5th day of low carb/low fat pre-op diet arggggggggggg!

JayHobbs

Slowly Shrinking
Hi everyone.
I am now on day 5 of my low carb/low fat Pre-Op diet and I am struggling! food and eating is on my mind constantly and I am so craving carbs..

On a plus note. I weighed myself today and have already lost 7Llbs so that made me smile. Also hubby has been supportive and is eating same diet/meals only he is eating double amount of carbs and protein.

My operation is getting nearer and I am beginning to panic a little, but maybe I am just mourning food?:cry:

Any encouragement or advice will help :sigh:

PS I can't believe I get so excited about a small cup of sugar free jelly ! lol

Keep going love and the object of this exercise is shrinking your liver for your surgery... very important to help yourself and your surgeon... keep us posted. Love and hugs xxx

I just kept thinking what if he opens me up and my liver is too large then calls the op off!That kept me going.I had carb withdrawal muggy headaches for four days!Soon goes.Maz x

My favourite was always home made bolognese sauce with lots of salad and low fat cream cheese on top of it. I'd cook the mince in water in the microwave to get rid of the fat, fry onions and mushrooms with a bit of frylite, add italian seasoning, the meat and then tinned tomatoes, weetcorn, peppers and what ever else you fabcied and then some tomato puree and garlic, leave it to simmer for a good half an hour and its delicious.

Just think your op date will be here before you know it, also you are of the lucky ones still being able to eat, lots like me were on the milk diet for 2 weeks so no food at all.

You are doing really well with the weight loss so keep it up and you will be on the losers bench before you know it.

Good luck x

You are doing really well, you will crave and think about foods and you might also think what the hell am i doing. But as the weight comes and your time gets nearer you will be ok. It does get better on the diet.
I was ill for about 3/4 days on my milk diet but mid way through i wasnt hungry at all and couldnt manage to have all that i was allowed.

Keep it up lovey, you will get there and you will be so proud that you did...best of luck. xxxx

Fankoos so much!

Wow Thanks to all that replied!:p
The support is really appreciated and is helping me to keep going.
9 days left to Operation day.. YAY!

Fankoos!

Thinking of you and at your side, many of us are newly through with our bypasses, so feel free to come to any of us if we can offer you any help or support in any way. I'm delighted with mine and would have it done again tomorrow!

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Back