• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days post op

funkybull

Hi, well I tried to post when in hospital but my phone wouldn't have it so I have up!!

Any, I had my gastric bypass last Tuesday (27th nov) at Nuffield hospital, Leeds under mr halstead from bradford. I was sent here by the nhs and it was just like being in a hotel. I went down to theatre at 7:30 and was put to sleep within minutes, which was good as I didn't like to think about it!!!

Not sure how long the op was but I woke up which was the main thing!! Mr halstead came to see me, although I was very drowsy, and said it had gone well but he had opted not to remove my gallbladder as he didn't want to put me at risk! So the reason my journey started was because of the gall bladder and now it's still there!!

I was very drowsy for the first day and kept drifting off to sleep every 10 mins or so, I was moved from critical care back to the ward at around 4:30, the worse thing is that my mouth was really dry and the oxygen made it worse and on the trip to the ward the porters driving made my sick!!!! Which was a tad embarrassing in the corridor!!!!

The following couple of days I was tired and didn't feel like eating at all. I was allowed on Thursday and spent the day in bed. The post care wasn't very good, I didn't see a dietician I got a phone call instead was was sent a diet sheet, so I'm making it up as I go along!! I have no idea about protein or stuff like that iv got some chewable vitamins on order and are we meant to take lansoprazole everyday forever??

So far iv had soup, lf custard and yogurt, however, my mind could eat ought!!! The pain is ok, iv managed to cope the last few days without the pain killers, it just feels like I'm bruised inside, I tried a walk on Saturday and it was far too soon, I was in agony after.

I meant to start the puréed stage tomo but I might give it another day or some and the last couple of days.

My scars are very itchy today which I'm taking as a good sign but il be glad when my stomach stops hurting so I can sleep on it in bed, I'm getting a stuff neck laying on my back!!!

So, so far including my pre op diet I have lost 25lbs so I'm really pleased, now when I go back to work il have some explaining to do as the gallbladder is still there and he wants me back in 6months to whip it out!!

P.s sorry for the essay x

well done on your loss so far take it easy and make sure your recovered. xx

Hi, well I tried to post when in hospital but my phone wouldn't have it so I have up!!

Any, I had my gastric bypass last Tuesday (27th nov) at Nuffield hospital, Leeds under mr halstead from bradford. I was sent here by the nhs and it was just like being in a hotel. I went down to theatre at 7:30 and was put to sleep within minutes, which was good as I didn't like to think about it!!!

Not sure how long the op was but I woke up which was the main thing!! Mr halstead came to see me, although I was very drowsy, and said it had gone well but he had opted not to remove my gallbladder as he didn't want to put me at risk! So the reason my journey started was because of the gall bladder and now it's still there!!

I was very drowsy for the first day and kept drifting off to sleep every 10 mins or so, I was moved from critical care back to the ward at around 4:30, the worse thing is that my mouth was really dry and the oxygen made it worse and on the trip to the ward the porters driving made my sick!!!! Which was a tad embarrassing in the corridor!!!!

The following couple of days I was tired and didn't feel like eating at all. I was allowed on Thursday and spent the day in bed. The post care wasn't very good, I didn't see a dietician I got a phone call instead was was sent a diet sheet, so I'm making it up as I go along!! I have no idea about protein or stuff like that iv got some chewable vitamins on order and are we meant to take lansoprazole everyday forever??

So far iv had soup, lf custard and yogurt, however, my mind could eat ought!!! The pain is ok, iv managed to cope the last few days without the pain killers, it just feels like I'm bruised inside, I tried a walk on Saturday and it was far too soon, I was in agony after.

I meant to start the puréed stage tomo but I might give it another day or some and the last couple of days.

My scars are very itchy today which I'm taking as a good sign but il be glad when my stomach stops hurting so I can sleep on it in bed, I'm getting a stuff neck laying on my back!!!

So, so far including my pre op diet I have lost 25lbs so I'm really pleased, now when I go back to work il have some explaining to do as the gallbladder is still there and he wants me back in 6months to whip it out!!

P.s sorry for the essay x

Well done! It only gets better from here :) im also wondering about the lansoprazole?? X

Well done it will get easier and everyone different. I had my op on 8 nov. Don't move on to different textures till your ready. I haven't received any diet advice since pre-op but they gave me a diet sheet which I studied and checking out on this site helped with variety etc. just ensure you sip sip sip. My appetite went and food tasted horrible but that's better now and my diet is quite varied I even have whole food which I just make sure I chew. Even had a Yorkshire pus on Sunday yummy. Try foods one at a time as then you will know what doesn't suit so you can leave it a while before trying again. I know u need about 70g of protein a day but its in so many different foods even if you don't manage that now you will eventually. You will soon be sleeping better just take it a day at a time and good luck.

Back