• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 Days POST-Op and in agony

Most people see a drastic improvement from week one to week two so just hang in there and you should be feeling better soon. Wind can cause terrible pain and I have read that paracetamol does nothing for it, only thing that helps is time, getting up and walking and some of the wind remedies like windeze, gripe water & peppermint tea.

***If you are concerned, please have your pain double-checked by your GP or surgical team, they can put your mind at rest or investigate it further if need be.

Otherwise just try and relax, stay away from the scales for as long as you can and try some wind rememdies, bet you will be feeling better in no time.

Nic:)

OMG i carnt really comment yet as to how it feel hun, but i do hope it eases for you and soon. Its been a reall eye opener to read all this, i hope im doing the right thing here.
Get well soon hun im sure you will be just fine, take care

Sharon:)

Thanks guys, the pain is easing slighty today and even though Im not supposed to weigh myself I did - 2 stone gone weh heh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Glad you are feeling better, weight loss always dims the pain lol. Be gentle on yourself and take it easy

well done on the weight loss hun and glad to see you are feeling a bit better just rest up lots and you will be fine and like Nic said if it is wind walking around a bit works wonders with the aid of gripe water I found hee hee much to my hubbys disgust ha ha ha xxx

glad you are feeling better, i cannt help on the pain side as i was very lucky and ive had no pain at all, i didnt get away with everything though as i got constipation for a week and now im having an elergic reaction to something. dont know wat it is, gp says it could be anything, but im itching for england and my neck, arms and legs look like something from a horroe film, its going now, slowwly,but its made me feel like c**p and retain water so my weight loss really slowed down. all the puffyness as gone from my hands and face now so im weghing myself on monday and hope it makes me feel better lol...............kath x

Hiya hun glad to see things easing for you now, hope that continues:) The weight loss so far is fantastic mate keep it up your doing great.

Sharon

Rybens
Hi, I actually lost a stone pre op, then put a stone back on immediately after op, then lost 2 stone a few days later. It's mad I'm definately going to stop weighing myself, my weight is fluctuating in stones not pounds !!!!!!!!!!!111

It's day 7 after op and pain are starting to fade slowly, I'm no longer in agony - thank god, just a little uncomfortable.

glad you are feeling better, i cannt help on the pain side as i was very lucky and ive had no pain at all, i didnt get away with everything though as i got constipation for a week and now im having an elergic reaction to something. dont know wat it is, gp says it could be anything, but im itching for england and my neck, arms and legs look like something from a horroe film, its going now, slowwly,but its made me feel like c**p and retain water so my weight loss really slowed down. all the puffyness as gone from my hands and face now so im weghing myself on monday and hope it makes me feel better lol...............kath x

I think I'm retaining water, it really does effect what you read on the scales. Hope you get it sorted xxxxxxx

Are you taking FastTabs? Someone else reported they had the same syptoms and believed they were allergic to them. It might be worth talking to your team and see if they can advise of an alternative if you are taking them.

John

Back