• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 week check up . . .

Kevin1708

Century Club
I had my 6 week check up yesterday . . . I am pleased to report all is well. My consultant is very happy with my progress (loosing 4st by his scales) – exercise regime outlined and agreed. As for food / liquid intake it seems that I need to drink more water or tea or whatever. The food hmmmmm well – confirmed toast, crackers and alike are good (if tolerated) ~ lean minced steak chilli / curry are good. Reminded me to aim for proteins at all times and told me off for using protein drinks / shakes (volume -v- intake and high in calories). I was warned that my weight loss would now reduce to approx ½st per month. I am still some way off being able to eat a well done (Neanderthal, I know) fillet steak but will be experimenting with a chicken curry using chicken thighs and a slow cooker !
Discussed excess skin – happily it seems that I would have to be rather unlucky, as I am quite tall and having a comparatively low BMI, to have a great problem with this.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for you kind wishes and support over the last 6 weeks xxx

well done kevin i hope i hit 4st loss 4 my 8 week check and cant eat half the foods u can

All sounds good Kevin!

You must be feeling much better for the 4 stone weight loss?

Well done Kevin ..... I had huge amounts of lose skin let's hope ur a lucky one x good luck for the next eight weeks xxx

Thank you, I feel on top of the world . . . hopping for a 70s revival so I can dig some of my clothes forms the back of the wardrobe (luckily, I have some Alfie Moon shirts!) xx

We will need pictoral evidence!

Good going Kevin, well done!
Lose any more any quicker than me and I'll have your guts for garters lol.
Lynne x

congarats on your weight loss thats a fantastic amount x keep up the good work and i agree with mazza lets see some piccy's soon :happy096: x all the best xxx

Pleased all is going well for you, 4 stone is FANTASTIC!!!
X

Well done Kevin, fantastic weight loss you should be very proud of yourself x

well done -bet ur very proud of urself. Keep up the good work

im so pleased for you , its great to hear how well your doing ,gives me hope and encouragement and helps get me through this waitin game,thankyou and you go tiger!,you polished that mg yet?,will def suit your new image !

well done Kevin. 4 stones is a fantastic loss.

Kevin1708, I am completing week 1. You were discouraged from drinking protein drinks? We are encouraged to drink them here in Dallas, Texas.
Did he say why?

Hi . . . it was all to do with sousing your required amount of protein for solid foods steak and chicken rather than replacing these with high calorie protein drinks.

How to Calculate Your Protein Needs:
1. Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg
2. Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm.

Use a lower number if you are in good health and are sedentary (i.e., 0.8). Use a higher number (between 1 and 1.8) if you are under stress, are pregnant, are recovering from an illness, or if you are involved in consistent and intense weight or endurance training.
Example: 154 lb male who is a regular exerciser and lifts weights
154 lbs/2.2 = 70kg
70kg x 1.5 = 105 gm protein/day

Good luck

Back