• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 week weigh in . . .

Kevin1708

Century Club
Six weeks post op - 55lb loss and BMI down to 36.3.

Just my thoughts as I write . . . . Been slow this week (only 2lb off) - not sure why, I have been behaving myself (chance to do otherwise would be a fine thing) . . . I am so dam impatient, not a good trait ! I guess ever pound off is a milestone but would so love to be half way to target – the weight loss ticker is a fabulous help.

The strange thing is I feel like a million dollars – I have had a fairly easy ride compared to some ~ I do recognise this and am very grateful for my good fortune. My journey is such that I decided to take the ‘bull by the horn’ so to speak and pay for the op – I was 44.1 BMI with no co-morbidities so funding was not an option in any event. I decided that my journey would be one where I could continue to ‘indulge’ in the odd glass or two of wine ~ this was fully supported by my team on the basis that I would be more likely to binge or enter into a spiral where I would drink and then feel bad about it and so on.

I am seeing my consultant later this week and hopefully should get the go ahead to start cycling. I have bought two lovely bikes (one for home and one for the office so I can go out at lunchtimes). Bikes are no cheap but it’s worth getting the best advice and the right bike for the job. I am hoping work up to cycling 100 miles per week – this should have an impact on my weight loss and overall fitness. xxx

Well done Kevin on your brilliant weight loss:happy096:

Good to hear that you are progressing very well and good luck with getting on your bike and getting fit!

You will have to add another ticker for your exercise goals!

omg wd am 4 weeks pre opp and about 30lb down so uv dun grt,was wondering about exercise i want 2 join a local gym again but not sure how long 2 heal 4 first

Well done Kevin - thats a fab result and you are right - the exercise will help make that figure even higher xx Wish me luck for Friday x

You're doing really well. The bikes sound a great idea.
I keep thinking about running - I say thinking, not actually doing it! I have run on the treadmill at the gym, but it doesn't seem to hit the spot for me. Maybe I'll try on the beach first.

Fantastic start glad all is going smoothly and you are well and truly ensconsed on the losers bench. Take the exrecise gently to start and build it up gradually so you do the most you can without risking hurting yourself. Perhaps try swimming gentle supported exercise while you recover enough to do something in the gym.

Very pleased kevin?? I would be bloody ecstatic!! Well done you xx

Back