• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 weeks

A.Positive

I know everyone is different but I wanted to ask (as a rough guide)...

How much could you eat at 8 weeks post Sleeve op? I can only manage 2-3 fork fulls of ”solid” food.

HI again just commented on your other thread, have a look at Scooters thread she has been through a lot just like you I have been In touch with her and asked if she will get in touch with you thinking of you and hope this is sorted quickly xxx

hi hope your feeling a bit better. Im 2 years post op at the end of feb and I can eat approx 5 forkfulls. Ive downgraded to a childs cuttlery set where i can then eat about 9. will be reviewing this with my team today

Thank you. How are you managing nutritionally?

How long have you been on solid foods? I think that's relevant as for the first few weeks after introducing them that was about the amount I could eat. At 3mths I can now eat more than that. I haven't counted it in forkfuls recently though. I ate 1/4 toasted breadcake and 3/4 of an egg for breakfast whereas when I first started having eggs there was no way I could eat more than 3-4 mouthfuls of it.

I've been bypassed and 8 weeks out and can manage between 2-6 tablespoons depending on what food it is. I ate too much baked potato yesterday and was sick and in pain all day :/ x

I have been on solid food for 3 weeks now. There is no way I could manage that much Nicola. If I think about it, I don't even have a full ford's worth for each mouthful. I just had fish for lunch; 2 bites and I am done. There is now talk that my sleeve could be too small.

nutritionally Im good. Could be better admittedly but could be an awful lot worse again. Take my supplements twice a day, (Good multivit, vit b complex, adcal, vit d spray, vit c drinks, zinc, selenium, magnesium and potassium) eat as much veg, fruit etc and try get a mixture of everything - from lentils to pulses, whole grains etc to source the most beneficial in terms of vitamins, etc.. eat alot of asparagus, quinoa. had bloods done today so should see if its made a difference. one prob i do find is that bc I eas NBM for months I struggle with alot of foods si stick to basics of chicken, fish, fruit, veg and lentils.

to me it sounds like your doing very well, one step at a time :) youll get there, just hope you feel a little better if not alot :)

I could barely eat that. I vomited constantly. It gets better!

Hi all I'm 6 weeks post sleeve now and it really depends on the texture of the food I'm currently on soft and crunchy texture but you will know your own body and what u also can and cannot eat as foods we've eaten before May not be tolerated. I could manage only 2 teaspoons for the first month now it's about 6 teaspoons . Xx

Back