• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A list of NSAIDS To Avoid after Surgery

Well it happened with all the swapping and changing with diet and operation I woke up with a gout attack in the middle of the night, I know if I hit it straight away then I can shorten the length of the attack and make life better for me (when its bad I can't walk)

I have taken my Naproxen and it is receding already. I will phone the team on Monday and see if I need to alter anything else but I am already on fast tabs so that should protect my pouch.

well i wonder about ds'rs then, i take suphazalazine for my rheumatoid arthiritis and have to take tramadol and amtripline that's as well as the other vits adcal etc adds up to 18 per day :(

well i wonder about ds'rs then, i take suphazalazine for my rheumatoid arthiritis and have to take tramadol and amtripline that's as well as the other vits adcal etc adds up to 18 per day :(

Blimey Angie I bet you rattle when you walk. :D

As I keep saying if in doubt check with your team or GP.
The pros can outweigh the cons but only your medical advisor can determine what is the best medication for you

it's really hard trying to get them all in during the day :) with not being able to drink 30 mins each way of food etc when some of them are supposed to be with food :)

I started using Voltarol Gel about a week ago. The knee pain got so bad I went go the pharmacy here in Turkey. I know from past experience that there are a number of nsaid's including Voltarol that I cannot take internally but I have been OK on this, perhaps because it isn't ingested. Over the week it does seem to be helping with the pain, though it wasn't immediate. Now I am wondering why the gel is on the list if it goes nowhere near the stomach? My bypass is on the 10th June so I will ask my surgeon, in the meantime I would appreciate it if anyone has had experience of using the gel post bypass.

Ta.

I am a cardiac patient so I am
On aspirin daily and had a bypass but on acid pills to take along with it x

Back