• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A list off booklets for sheffield patients having wls

That's not could be its will be you'll do great

Hi mark,been out shopping this morning and
When we got back home found another letter to
See Mr ackroyed on the Wednesday 4th September,
That was a fast appointment.looking forward
To going but no idea on what to ask him.
Do I need to put dates in on the bottom of
Every page I write.
I'm well chuffed.
Regards bigbeefybuilder

That's fantastic news all I would say is explain your diet and what type of surgery do you want and he will listen and tell you what he feels is best for you ask were it will be done and how long it is before you'll be done looking at his lists I would think November as you'll need a pre op check up then usually six weeks from then
10 days before you'll start the milk diet and its hard but you'll be focused and does pass quickly
Just checked my diary I am on training that day but you'll be fine
Really pleased for you have you been to out patients one before
Also have you got sleep apnea if not have you been tested
That's a pre op question as he likes to know
Take care

hey BBB. i got my letter this morning too :) mines for the week after yours. if you go to user cp and look down the left side for edit signature you can add all your dates

If I am about week after will try and pop in and say hello shame I am on training the week before but you'll both enjoy it your journey is now under way

When they said it would be a month i thought they meant the letter would get to us in a month, all the other departments i see take ages, it was a lovely suprise :) better read faster if. I wantt to get thru all the bariatric surgery books i downloaded on my kindle before the appointment

Don't worry you get to see him if he is happy then you get your pre op after that give it a week then phone his secretary for a date it will speed it up if you need any help or have any questions just ask I live Rotherham and work for ambulance service and are at northern most days also thornberry and Claremont but he does not use it much for nhs patients usually thornberry its nice there I asked for mine at northern as know the staff there and like firth 8
Good luck
Have you met Liz govern and narisa there nice to

we saw at least one of those at the seminar, liz i think as the dietitian there was hannah. im umming and arring between sleeve and bypass and change my mind on a weekly basis. band wouldnt be in my best interest. im sure the team will help me decide. i talked it through numerous times with the weigh ahead staff but couldnt reach a conclusion as i was usually the one talking through the mechanics and pros and cons of the op while they nodded and smiled at me lol

I had a band was great for first year then had problems so converted to a by pass and find this far better as can eat anything but in far smaller portions just great
But it's upto you mr ackroyd will advise you what is best
But both are good band I feel had to many issues but did work good
Take care

I had a band was great for first year then had problems so converted to a by pass and find this far better as can eat anything but in far smaller portions just great
But it's upto you mr ackroyd will advise you what is best
But both are good band I feel had to many issues but did work good
Take care

***BIGBEEFYBUILDER UPDATE***

hi all,
intresting day yestoday i went to see mr ackroyed at the nothern general hospital appointment time 2:40 got there got weighed took my height and bmi then went in a room to see i thought would be dr ackroyed it was a very attractive blonde dr.
went throgh what i have done to lose weight ie tablets diets told her i have 5 meals a day and i snack in between meals, and i comfort eat late at night when my chronic pain kicks in, asked me what i wanted told her the gastric bypass, didn't have to see a diet nurse.
was told if i don't lose enough weight up to operation day if they could not do a bypass they would do the sleeve.

so next stop is the appoint to see if im fit to have operation then date so im well chuffed, the dr who was in place of dr ackroyed said she would be putting me down for the operation and there was a waiting list of 4 months.

i would like to thank all your help out there on this site for your understanding and kind replies.

can any body tell me if i have put this thread in the right place if not can you put it where it should be please!

my wife could not be with me yestoday as my 11' year old son was having 4 of his wisdom teeth out,but im sure she will suport me on my next appointment.

one last thing how do i go about showing a progress report below my name in this wonder full site.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

another letter another appointment

Well done I am sorry I missed you but was around there yesterday
Good luck with the pre op

hi mark, i have got my next appointment on friday 27th september 10;45 for the clinic;centralised pre-operative assessment clinic that was fast comming through the post, its happening really fast lol.
bbb

That's great news if I am near by will try and pop in its at outpatients one were you went before but instead of going in to clinic head around other side and pre assessment there
Good luck
Mark
Ps as soon as its done give it 2-3 weeks if you have not heard anything then give his secretary a ring

That's great news if I am near by will try and pop in its at outpatients one were you went before but instead of going in to clinic head around other side and pre assessment there
Good luck
Mark
Ps as soon as its done give it 2-3 weeks if you have not heard anything then give his secretary a ring

hi mark,
i got at my last appointment there was a waiting list of 4 months, wonder what tests i will have on pre:eek:p assessment? last appointment i never got to see mr ackroyed but got to see a lovely blonde dr who put me through for operation i said as i was leaving do i have to come back and see mr ackroyed she said no has he trusts her to put me through.
thanks
BBB

Hi

They do blood tests blood pressure c diff swabs and general health checks to make sure your ok
Good luck
Mark

Hi

They do blood tests blood pressure c diff swabs and general health checks to make sure your ok
Good luck
Mark

hi mark, went to pre assessement friday morning 27th sept all done awaiting next appointment of operation im really looking forward to getting a thin me back, thanks for all the help and support youve given me.
BBB

Last edited:
Give it a week and phone mr ackroyds secretary she will give you a date she is really nice
Good luck

thanks mark, i don't want to phone mr ackroyed secretary has i don't want to be pushy, im sure they will get back to me in good time, i can wait.
cheers BBB

Back